[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any contemporary authors that don't think that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1489373151351.jpg (160KB, 1333x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1489373151351.jpg
160KB, 1333x1333px
Are there any contemporary authors that don't think that western culture is in crisis?
>>
>>9781239
most contemporary authors dont deal with that kind of thing. Moreso they are infected by post-modern "questioning" of points of culture, and reflect that in the uncertainty in the narrative.
>>
>>9781239
John Gray
>>
>>9781239
The set of ALL contemporary philosophers who aren't

-genderqueer
-marxist/anarchist
-weird-right territory
>>
>>9781307
Acccelerationists?

What schools are you thinking of?
>>
>>9781239
"we're doing just fine and everything is alright" isn't exactly the most exciting writing topic. it isn't a strong point either
>>
>>9781239
If there are, they haven't taken an intelligent stand. 30-50 years tops are left on the reigns of western culture before being stripped of their horses. Start building your shelters now before it's too late. Invest in physical books and non electric means of hobbying and living. Do the smart thing, the path being taken now is laden with nuclear mines armed by egoists and pawns.
>>
You should try reding spanish autors, one of them I can recommend is form Venezuela: Otrova Gomas.
>>
Authors aren't any sort of cultural authority
>>
>>9781239

This >>9782009, but anyway, speaking in general, I suppose some acceleratonists believe the world to be simply following its natural course to either salvation or oblivion for humans.

I also wouldn't immediately claim every Marxist author to judge the world to be in crisis. Thing is, Marx himself falsely attributed his historical analysis to be an actual dynamical system with a determined trajectory. In short, he and many others after him believe that history follows a dynamical path like a particle and whatever happens depends only on initial conditions. Therefore some Marxists would surely bow down to the notion that any "crisis" is just a rough bump on the development of history towards [insert materialists trying to idealize something here].

With all that said, every culture before had its red herrings, and its prophets of doom. As long as humanity stands as humanity, and not some other species or erased by extinction, cultures will be supplanted by others and we will keep calling it a "crisis" out of a lack of global comprehension.

>But I guess no one will really ever understand Hegel lol
>>
>>9782051
The crisis of western culture does not imply doom. What it implies is just that - a "crisis".
A crisis doesn't become not-crisis just because it's not the end of the world.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.