[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the whale represent the circus's fascist hold on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Did the whale represent the circus's fascist hold on the town or was it the corpse of God? I can't imagine anything more apt than a circus parading around a leviathan of "God's" corpse in a town that's completely nihilistic and void of any form of religion.

Krasznahorkai thread. Does anyone get vibes of Ivan from The Brothers Karamazov and Quentyn in the second part of Melancholy? I wouldn't be surprised if Faulkner and Dostoyevsky are a huge influence on Krasznahorkai.
>>
I only watched the movie, can I talk about the book? I know that Satantango adaptation is very loyal to the original but don't know about this one...
>>
>>9777893
Both are pretty loyal to the respective originals. This one misses the different viewpoints though. Book was much better in the end, even though I'm a huge fan of Tarr as well.
>>
>>9777901
>>9777893

Why can't I find a torrent anywhere for the movie of Melancholy of Resistance? It seems really difficult to find but I loved Bela Tarr's Satantango.
>>
>>9777916
Werckmeister Harmonies? I think I found it on TPB, but not particularly good resolution.
>>
>>9777940

I found the same problem with Satantango. Really hope that gets a BD release at some point since the quality I watched wasn't that great and it was split into seven different parts.
>>
>>9777952
>not watching Satantango in a theater and having a talk with Bela afterwards
>>
>>9777875
Wasnt the circus merely the mcguffin to the political plot? She knew very well what was going on
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.