[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so I want to start with the Greeks. But I'm mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: START WITH THE GREEKS.jpg (1MB, 3672x3024px) Image search: [Google]
START WITH THE GREEKS.jpg
1MB, 3672x3024px
Okay so I want to start with the Greeks. But I'm mostly interested in non-fiction and philosophy and shit. I've never read that kind of stuff but I want to start with some entry-level literature. Is pic related a good way to do this? Or do you guys have anything better to recommend? Pls help
>>
File: IMG_20170626_014118.jpg (72KB, 750x927px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170626_014118.jpg
72KB, 750x927px
Don't bother with charts, or Hamilton.

In order: Bulfinch Mythology or Graves The Greek Myths. I prefer Graves. Homer. Apollonius Rhodius. Herodotus, Thucydides. Xenophon. Pindar. Epictetus. Heraclitus. Plato. Plotinus. Virgil. Livy. Ovid.
>>
>>9777613
Philosophy
PreSocratics->Plato->Aristotle->Hellenic Stoics and Neoplatonists if you want

History
Herodotus Histories, Thuclydides Peloponesian war, Plutarchs Lives

Just google a better chart, this one has a lot of unessecary stuff, theres an in depth lit philosophy one.
>>
>>9777646
>>9777656
Thanks a lot!
>>
I am exploring the Greeks too, but I decided to start with a preface of Mythology and History after I went ahead and read some Socrates dialogues and Presocratic stuff. I am starting now by reading The Iliad and The Odyssey, Mythology and Herodotus' Histories. Then I will continue to philosophy.
>>
>>9777678
PreSocratics are a waste of time. Go directly to Plato.
>>
>>9777646
Hamilton's fine as a starting point, though, and the chart is still a useful progression.
>>
>>9777646
>Bulfinch
He got rid of all the sex drugs and rock and roll, why read him at all?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.