[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /lit/, so I wrote my first major piece and it came really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (12KB, 182x278px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 182x278px
Alright /lit/, so I wrote my first major piece and it came really sluggish and laboriously to me.

I struggled with it for nearly 2 years, including pauses, and while I like the narrative pretty much I think the story line is total bullshit. But I read the parts so often, I lost my view for it.

Now I want to know how much of a pile of crap it is. Thing is, I ain't got no one to read it.

Long story short, please recommend communities where you share your written pieces and get them roasted.
>>
post it in the critique thread
>>
>>9777522

smashwords
>>
>>9777529
It's fifty thousand words long
>>
>>9777562
Post it here in segments and get roasted by us
Or take it to reddit and get roasted by them
At this point there are only two options
>>
Is it literary or genre?
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17KB, 626x624px) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17KB, 626x624px
>>9777587

OP here. Is there any way to answer this question on /lit/ that won't end up in complete mayhem?

>>9777583
I had more of a community in mind, not a bunch of wilds that will ravage each other over stuff like they guy above mentioned. I'm sure there are nice guys here, interested in constructive critique. Most will fuck up the topic though.
>>
>>9777522
Reddit communities are great once you get involved. The regulars are much better at critique, but if they think you're a fly-by you'll be less likely to get their attention.
>>
>>9777611
I feel disinclined to help you now that I know you think we're not good enough.
Take your questions to google, no one here needs you
(its not like we're desperate for new material to read anyway...)
>>
>>9777638

Don't get sore from honest talk. You know as much as I do that this board is, by nature, full of douchebags. By admitting that I will save myself and those willing to help a lot of time and nerves.
>>
If it's genre I'm sure the autistic fellows in the sci-fi/fantasy general would read some
>>
>>9777611

Don't be a pussy. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten has been the most biting. Writers, introverts we are, can get really narcissistic about our ideas, and sometimes need a smack in the mouth.
>>
>>9777659
It ain't sci-fi and it ain't fantasy. It's fiction and it's as literary as I was able to make it.
>>
>>9777670
This is not about biting, it's about watering down the topic with shit talk. But I am willing to give it a try. Can't lose anything but time I reckon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.