[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone read "Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (5KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 183x275px
Has anyone read "Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes" and "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars"?

Should I read these two or should I go for "delusions of gender"? Which book is actually more closer to the truth?
>>
File: crab girl.jpg (220KB, 757x1069px) Image search: [Google]
crab girl.jpg
220KB, 757x1069px
>Which book is actually more closer to the truth?

They're both garbage.

Read "The Tyranny of Ambiguity" instead.
>>
>>9777298
Why are they garbage
>>
>>9777298
>calls them 'garbage'
>fails to explain why

Let me guess. You haven't even read them.
>>
>>9777306
>>9777321

They're both pseudo-soft-science pap with all uncomfortable truths pushed under the rug. It's all feel-good nonsense that looks briefly at a few compelling questions but stops before getting to anything interesting, a lot like a kid dipping his toe into a cold pool a few times then deciding against it. You won't find anything of substance inside either of those books.

If you want some talking points for your local book club, yeah sure, go ahead (but don't forget to take off the Oprah's Book Club sticker before you show up or that pixie girl will think you're a pleb). You'll have a comfy time and maybe pick up a few half-truths about intersexual relationships while you're at it to make yourself look smarter during your next /lit/ argument. You could even have a Starbucks afterward then listen to some shoegaze on the lonely walk back home.
>>
>>9777287
i've read Woman venus men mars, well to be honest it helped me, I have 128IQ according to mensa test and I was pretty dumb not to figure out some very easy details of comprehension of a Woman. Some may say it's garbage because the writing looks like some shit-tier documentary which seems staged, but if you take all the info written there as if it's your father who tells you all that while drinking a beer, well you can sure keep in mind what you've learned, and you'll learn.

The other one i didn't, if I do soon i'll update here
>>
>>9777287
>"delusions of gender"

>The author criticizes claimed evidence of the existence of innate biological differences between men and women's minds as being faulty and exaggerated, and while taking a position of agnosticism with respect to inherent differences relating to interest/skill in 'understanding the world' versus 'understanding people', reviews literature demonstrating how cultural and societal beliefs contribute to sex differences.

Fucking. Wew.
>>
>>9777328
What are these uncomfortable truths you speak of
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.