[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do pseuds not understand how the Socratic method works?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1499909255841.jpg (63KB, 1024x476px) Image search: [Google]
1499909255841.jpg
63KB, 1024x476px
Why do pseuds not understand how the Socratic method works?

Politics (and sheer arrogance) aside that's not how you use the socratic method anyway. You're supposed to genuinely want to find out about what you're questioning, not think you already know the answers and use it to show your victims they're wrong by pretending to not know about the subject. That's just stupid and pretentious, and a child could see what you're trying to do
>>
You know?
>>
>>9775746
Socrate's method of debating was a bullshit method designed to make him appear clever and discredit people he didn't like. Which is how it ends up being used.

He was the biggest pseduo-intellectual of them all.
>>
>>9776466
Oh, so people use it because they're intellectually dishonest like him.
>>
>>9775746
Why do pseuds repost threads that were shit and died because the free market of ideas determined they weren't worth the attention to be discussed?
>>
What is wrong about Sargons statement? I haven't read any philosophy.
>>
>>9776640
Start with the Greeks.
>>
Huh?
>>
>>9776632
bookf-gs will b-rn in h-ll
>>
>>9776632
No, it died because it had 300 posts and threads need a bump limit to save bandwidth, especially after the advent of generals.
>>
yup
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.