[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unapologetic brainlet here. Suggest me some books in the style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hells-angels1.jpg (46KB, 302x513px) Image search: [Google]
hells-angels1.jpg
46KB, 302x513px
Unapologetic brainlet here. Suggest me some books in the style of hunter s thompson.Like his hells angels book or fear and loathing. Plz fuck off with books that are just intellectual masturbation and dont try to tell me why i should make the effort to read em because i wont.
>>
k sorry
>>
>>9773996
What do you class as intellectual masturbation?
>>
>>9773996
If you're a brainlet who expresses desire to escape brainlethood, then why do you want to read inconsequential entertainment fluff books?
>>
>>9773996
The Rum Diary was a great book, I wasn't impressed with the movie. Granted, I was in a drug-induced semi-coma both times I watched it.
>>
>>9774054
>Granted, I was in a drug-induced semi-coma both times I watched it.

That's really how Hunter would have wanted it
>>
>>9774066
I would like to think so. I have read almost all of his work. The Proud Highway and the Journalism collections (i.e. Gonzo Papers) are my favorites. I used to get frustrated at all the editing errors and shit cutting off before the end, then I realized how he was sending most of this stuff in a coke-induced, stoned, drunken frenzy at the last possible second. I have always found that's when I have produced some of my best work. But, since it appears that's how thompson did almost all of his work after the mid-late sixties, it's kind of a mixed bag. Still, I love the fucking guy.
>>
>>9774054
i watched the movie and it kind off killed the book for me atleast for now. How is Lono ?
>>
>>9773996
Grit: The Banter and Brutality of the Late-Night Cab. Basically just a British cabbie's self-published book about the weird fuckers he meets in the course of his job.
>>
File: 1454858262347.jpg (27KB, 347x347px) Image search: [Google]
1454858262347.jpg
27KB, 347x347px
>>9774153
Thats what i'm talking about.
>>
>>9774079
Lono is...interesting. I love the illustrations. I got it as a gift after requesting it and it's like...at LEAST 8" x 12"
>>
>>9773996
A Brief History of Seven Killings is pretty good
Some nice Jamaican vibes mixed with crack induced dreams
>>
>>9774153
Down and Out in Paris in London would possibly be a good companion to that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.