[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>my bro gave me thus spake zarathustra for my b-day >too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2061.jpg (44KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2061.jpg
44KB, 300x375px
>my bro gave me thus spake zarathustra for my b-day
>too much of a brainlet to understand
>have to go on sparknotes after every chapter
>mfw
>>
>>9773487
Brain is like any other muscle, you exercise it little by little. Be happy because you will get smarter soon.
>>
>>9773494
This is a surprisingly touching post to find here. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>9773494
/wholesome/ comment of the year
>>
File: 1478618471091.jpg (9KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
1478618471091.jpg
9KB, 244x206px
>dad gives me his entire philosophy collection to pass down before he dies
>too stupid to understand 1 page of any of it
>tries to talk to me about philosophy on deathbed
>have to make up random shit in order to not let him down
>tfw he knows I'm just making up random shit
>tfw I know he knows I'm making up random shit
>tfw none of us want to confront that because this is the closest thing to a real father son moment we've had in our lives
>>
Zarathustra is the worst place to start with Nietzsche since his philosophical points are made in poetry and allegory. It's a work of his to read once you have some familiarity with his philosophy. Start with Beyond Good and Evil or Genealogy of Morals instead.
>>
>>9773553
Good god, anon. That's sad. You can still make his memory proud.

>>9773568
But that's the thing, I want to be able to interpret the allegory and poetry.
>>
>>9773487
how do i git gud at reading?
>>
>>9774506
just flip the pages and look at the symbols my man
>>
>>9773553
Kek.
>>
>>9773568
Wait, isn't Zarathustra prose?
Honestly, I'd have to try it myself, because I've heard many people say it's a bad place to start and many say it's good place.
I have a good translation of the book already, and I doubt I'll find other books.
>>
>>9773494
This. I started reading seriously when I was 18, and I had to go over passages multiple times before they were able to enter my brain. Now i'm 25 and I can read those same books in one or two sittings. My only limiter is time.
>>
>>9773578
Nigger, what you're doing is going to the gym, getting a bar, then dropping a bunch of pl8s on it like you aren't a weakling and getting mad when you get crushed by the weight.
>>
>>9773487
>be me
>have 0 knowledge of math and physics
>pick up a book on quantum physics
>"wtf i don't understand shit"
This is how you sound
>>
>>9774506
just bee urself
>>
>>9773487
Nietzsche is not easy to read. Start with Birth of Tragedy and try to read Euripides at the same time so you can connect ideas(and get a nice break with easy-to-read plays)

If you can finish Birth of Tragedy you can move on to anything else by him
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.