[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please explain to me why college courses (lectures) aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: David_fox_album_inserts.jpg (10KB, 313x318px) Image search: [Google]
David_fox_album_inserts.jpg
10KB, 313x318px
Someone please explain to me why college courses (lectures) aren't televised? Is there a factor besides money? Explain your answer.
>>
>>9773375

it's for the same reason the history channel doesn't have real history shows anymore
>>
File: slide05.jpg (40KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
slide05.jpg
40KB, 720x540px
muthucking boring
>>
For most humans one TEDx video is already too much
Their brains would explode if they could watch lectures on the telly
>>
>>9773375
It wouldn't cost much money, time, or effort. There just aren't enough people asking for it. Employers still prefer a (sometimes worthless) degree and you'd still have to spend time LEARNING (probably the least important thing you do in college).
>>
File: Placebo_album.jpg (18KB, 294x300px) Image search: [Google]
Placebo_album.jpg
18KB, 294x300px
>>9773413
>>9773431
is "its too boring" the only answer /lit/ can come up with
>>
Because higher education isn't meant to be something that everyone has access to. How is someone supposed to be content working their McJob if they feel they have interesting, possibly impactful ideas to give to the world?
>>
>>9773995
>Because higher education isn't meant to be something that everyone has access to.
did you go to college anon?
>>
>>9773940
Does there need to be another answer? People are stupid, get over it
>>
>>9773940
Well you can understand how this would present a dilemma unless it were publically funded. And it won't be.
>>
>>9774009
Why should my tax dollars go to actually improving the populace? What are you, some sort of communist?
>>
File: cancer_0.png (69KB, 260x229px) Image search: [Google]
cancer_0.png
69KB, 260x229px
>woah man it's because like *hits vape* the SYSTEM man *coughs* the SYSTEM *hits bong* like the SYSTEM wants to keep you dumb right? So like how can you be DUMB if you can watch lectures, man?
The world is so much less exciting than you think.
>>
>>9773375
It's mostly money imo. Some are recorded and on the school website or YouTube though.
>>
>>9773375
People aren't demanding it, there's not really a tv station out there that lectures would fit into (besides maybe like nat geo or something), and most colleges want to keep lectures private so people will keep giving them money to attend.

There are lots of lectures online because it doesn't cost nearly as much money or effort to put them online as it would to get them on tv.
>>
>>9774012
Frankly I'd sooner my tax dollars went to this than the bullshit it goes to now. $1B to CBC and $804M to Syrians.... fuck sakes. Somebody shoot the commie that took over Prime Minister. Day of the rake PLEASE.
>>
>>9774073
>fuck sakes

Non-white detected
>>
>>9773940
I didn't say that and it was tongue-in-cheek
But consider that I enjoy reading scientific papers in my free time and I'm not even in university
How many people would do that you think?

You could still argue that it is largely cultural, but I would say personality plays a big role

The Big Five personality has a trait called openness and this is associated with curiousity, but even there the distinction is being made between intellectual and aesthetic curiousity (which is sort of strange, why would this be so?).
>>
The nonelderly still watch television?
>>
no one has given any acceptable reasons besides the desire for money. There are courses online however not a sufficient amount of essential core college course lectures. That being said I think its funny pretentious posts like >>9774012 and >>9774021 actually believe their education puts them in a position to look down on people that work at minimum wage jobs when those same people are never even given a chance to learn because college kids are greedy. there's no difference between you and them. you've just been taught to believe there is.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.