[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I'm reading Paradise Lost and its absolutely beautiful.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 982435931264803276408236.gif (2MB, 260x150px) Image search: [Google]
982435931264803276408236.gif
2MB, 260x150px
Guys, I'm reading Paradise Lost and its absolutely beautiful. A true masterpiece of prose. It was dictated by a blind guy too. I'm only a little ways into the book, but I can see why people appreciate great works of literature like this. Next on my list is Don Quixote, I've already read it, but I fear I've forgotten it. This should be a good reminder of the story, when I'm done with Paradise Lost. Have you guys ever read either? What do you think of Milton? Cervantes?
>>
That one is the catholic one, right? Or am I mistaking it with Canterbury Tales?
>>
>>9772277

You seriously don't know what Paradise Lost is? What are you doing here? Also, Chaucer was alright but JON Milton was BLIND. He couldn't see what WAS GOING ON IN FRONT OF HIM. He had to DICTATE HIS PLANS FOR WRITING. That's fucking badass. Chaucer has nothing on that.
>>
>>9772259

Yeah Paradise Lost is amazing. "To justify the ways of God to men". What an inspiring line. God is arbitrary. He does not play favorites. You sin, you will be punished. He also presides over those who would seek to atone, but are held back by the sins of others. Paradise Lost encapsulates the struggle of Lucifer, and highlights the haunting reality of a hero who could have had everything, but lost it with a tragic flaw.
>>
>>9772259
>true masterpiece of prose
God I hope you dipshits never reproduce
>>
>>9772259
I'm not quite sure if this is bait
>>
>>9772477
>>9772485
it is bait
>Paradise Lost is an epic poem in blank verse by the 17th-century English poet John Milton. The first version, published in 1667, consisted of ten books with over ten thousand lines of verse.
>>
>>9772499
thanks sherlock holmes
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.