[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get over her fear of sharing her work with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

How does one get over her fear of sharing her work with others for criticism?
>>
Maybe try posting something else other than your work and see how that feels. A body part, perhaps.
>>
>>9768040
o-okay, what do you mean by this
>>
>her
>>
>>9768034
post tits or gtfo
>>
>>9768040
>>9769403
>falling for it
>>
>>9768034
Care to show us your BODY of work? We could do some IN DEPTH review, PRIVATELY of course.
>>
>>9768034
try using a pen name, you fucking coward
>>
>>9768034
Your goal in writing is validation and attention, not to create a piece of art. Criticism would help you create the best piece of art possible, but since you're after validation you'd rather not risk being invalidated.

This is the inferior female brain on full display.
>>
>>9769403
And I thought /lit/ is different
>>
>>9769476
We are all lonely virgins here, why would /lit/ be any different?
>>
>>9769476
why?
>>
>>9768034
Non-meme answer: Start with a trusted friend whose opinion you respect. Ask for something specific you can improve. After doing this a few times you'll have opened up a bit, and can start asking about larger-scale problems. Then try other friends and acquaintances, and finally you should be ready to post in the critique thread and/or hire an actual editor.

You're inevitably gonna feel shitty about your writing. Everyone does. Forgive yourself for the first draft. The ends (a good piece) justify the means (writing something bad the first few times around).
>>
>>9769956
ty
>>
>>9769956

What would you recommend if none of your friends/family care about how you're writing?

Because I've got none. Even lost a friendship over it when I took issue with how he seemed to be deliberately ignoring me/it.
>>
>>9768034
Don't share your work online, pen name or not.

Workshops are kind of like a classroom environment, and it's extremely to share your work, no matter how shy you are. Honestly anon, there's no reason to have any hangups about the process. Look around till you find one that sounds like it might fit you, and just dive in. You'll feel such a sense of accomplishment if it really terrifies you that much.
>>
>>9770769
Maybe post your work on /lit/
>>
>>9768034
>How does one get over her

write better
>>
>>9768034
Just remember it's the patriarchy making you feel this way. You're allowing your personal mysoginsim to oppress yourself everytime you lament your turn at the podium.
>>
>>9770769
Meet people. I know that's vague and kinda unhelpful, but the way you find writers and editors depends almost entirely on who you know and where you are in life. If you're at university, try joining a creative writing club or class. Otherwise, you'll have to do some more involved networking. Professional editors can be great, but they can also be totally unhelpful.

The main thing, regardless of what you wind up doing, is to exercise good judgement. Try to understand criticism, then evaluate it for yourself. I've more than once had readers simply overlook something obvious and write "what?" or "confused" in the margins, but those same readers have given me fantastic feedback on real issues.

Likewise, try to identify whether you're worrying too much about something impractically small (ex: "Oh, god, I say 'the' four times in this paragraph, that repetition looks bad."). Of course it pays to fix these issues in your later drafts, but early on they really don't matter.

I'm rambling off into general writing advice now, so I should really call it quits. One more thing, though — when you do find someone who makes for a good reader, hold on to them. The relationship will be good for you on all levels, and you won't know how valuable something like that is until you've lost it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.