[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: the longest book you read recently. I'm currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Dean.png (197KB, 603x279px) Image search: [Google]
Dean.png
197KB, 603x279px
ITT: the longest book you read recently.

I'm currently almost halfway through the Illuminatus! Trilogy (which is ~800 pages long) but I haven't read any other long book in so long. The last book over 400 pages I read was probably House of Leaves two years ago, but since HoL has so many pages that are blank or with nothing on them at all, that's kinda cheating. The last one before that was probably The Lord of the Rings, which took me a year to read. Can I get any recommendations for long books similar to House of Leaves and The Lord of the Rings? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>9767057
The Book of the New Sun
>>
The Recognitions. Finished last November. I havent read anything over 400 pages since.
>>
>>9767091
Cheating
>>
Les miserables
1400 pages on gameboy
about 1700 in print

I feel sad for Fantine.
>>
>>9767057
the divine comedy so not that long
>>
Finished a reread of Gravity's Rainbow, then another of Infinite Jest. Before that I finished Women and Men. Right now I'm about halfway through Darconville's Cat. All within the past 3 months, I think.
I like long books and keep picking them up. I think I'll go for something shorter next.
>>
>>9767057
Don Quixote
>>
'Clarissa', Samuel Richardson. Read it quickly, very easy and entertaining, would recommend.
>>
atlas shrugged
1300-1400 i think, small print.
>>
Currently reading the first volume from a series on European History.

It is about 1200 pages long.
>>
>>9767963
Infinite Jest, however long that is

Perdido Street Station, ~700-800 pages
>>
>>9767057
The Wars of Justinian (together with its supplementary sister book, The Secret History) by Prokopios. About 750 pages
>>
Against the Day, 1200 or so
>>
>>9767057
I just finished Anna Karenina. I started in on fridayand couldn't put it down throughout the weekend. What amasterpiece. Probably the greatest novel i've read.
My edition was 1141 pages long.
The prologue spoiled the Anna suicide. I didn't care but it might annoy someone.
>>
>>9770593
WOW THANKS FOR SPOILING IT FOR ME TOO >:(
>>
>>9767057
A Place Called Armageddon by C C Humphreys
455 pages if you include the historical note and the other stuff at the end. Amazing book. Longest book I've personally written is Living amongst the Dead which is around 81,000 words and I think 235 pages in 5x8" format. I read A Place Called Armageddon in something like 6 days if memory serves, and wrote the book I mentioned in around 5-6 days I think, but then spent months editing the shit out of it. Planning to try writing non-fiction someday but not quite yet. I want to write more fiction. Historical fiction in particular I look forward taking a crack at. Maaaaaybe with an element of time travel, but I dunno, we'll have to wait and see.
>>
it's called "my dong" and it's 8x7 inches and oh yeah, I fucked ur mom with it last night
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.