[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take a long time to a read and understand a page of philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: The World as Feel and Nogf.jpg (146KB, 576x635px) Image search: [Google]
The World as Feel and Nogf.jpg
146KB, 576x635px
>take a long time to a read and understand a page of philosophy text
>forget it after a short time

How does /lit/ manage to understand philosophy and remember everything when the text is so dense with ideas? Please give tips.
>>
>>9766849
I just go over the same shit over and over in my head until it clicks.
>>
>>9766849
I take notes
>>
>>9766849
take notes,
but realistically, if it takes a long time to understand, it's really not worth understanding.

I read meditations almost every day :^)
>>
>>9766849
When i red a book it takes me some time to get it right>>9766923 is right
I also read some essays and elaborations from university papers about that book or the idea from it and it kinda helps
>>
>>9766849
Read secondary lit anon.
>>
Get a feel for the whole as well as the parts. Find where the page you're working on fits into the rest of the project.
>>
>>9766944
>I also read some essays and elaborations from university papers about that book or the idea from it and it kinda helps
How can I get some of those
>>
Learn to stop being a brainlet before you engage in philosophy?
>>
I like to write down the steps and conclusion of each argument. That's all I use my reading notebook for, not really sure what to write down when reading fiction
>>
>>9766849
Try writing essays explaining the text after you're done. Prove that you understood it by explaining it to someone else
>>
>>9766961

enroll in university and access their archives
>>
>>9766849
Read some more pages around that one and you might actually realize that those ideas are related to each other.
It's significantly easier to remember something if it makes sense.
>>
>>9766849
Write notes
>>
>>9766849
You are either not intelligent enough or your heart isn't in it. Find a different hobby. Stop trying to lifehack everything. You are making yourself miserable, shit..
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.