[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw can't even focus long enough to read some of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: e36.jpg (54KB, 600x464px) Image search: [Google]
e36.jpg
54KB, 600x464px
>tfw can't even focus long enough to read some of the posts on this shitty website, let alone a book

Who else /broken brain/ here?
>>
>>9765463
I used to be, but I'm fixing it slowly by surely. Don't lose hope, you can do it if you want it bad enough.
>>
i can't get through even a single paragraphed 4chan post without at least 3 existential crises
>>
>>9765463
Stay away from pc/tv... for a while
It might fix ya
>>
go see a head doctor about ADHD
>>
Get rid of your smartphone and computer.
>>
>>9765562

>ADHD

Completely made up disease.
>>
>>9765581
Yeaaaaah no. It's not even a disease. But you're right, many people who say they have it do not really 'have it'
>>
>>9765581
no it isn't. Watch this video, it might change your life. Go to the time stamp because it's long(25m31s), watch all the video if you have time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPFmKu2S5XY#t=25m30s
>>
>>9765562
Been tested, don't have it.

>>9765556
>>9765581
I don't understand how people do this, I'd get so bored I'd want to fucking kill myself. How does anyone live without the constant illusion of things going on?
>>
>>9765606

Those people who can stay away from the computer/tv actually have other hobbies and are interested in them. You don't actually like reading and try to read a meme book in order to please Anonymous internet nerds.
>>
>>9765606
I would highly reconsider the possibility, it's not well tested. If you truly cannot complete tasks that it. In the video he at about 27:10 he calls it "intention deficit disorder" the ability to attain knowledge, but not execute it because of a neurological performance problem. at about 28:15 he goes into how to treat it, and he doesn't just suggest drugs but many useful life hacks, and most importantly environment change
>>
>>9765613
Lmao I'm really not, I just recently came back to this website after over a year so it's not a big part of my life at the moment. I love reading but it's a lot less instantly gratifying than other things, that's all

>>9765631
Ok thanks anon, I'll check out the video. I don't think I was misdiagnosed, there are just other reasons for my attention issues, but I'm sure I could still find many of the same treatments helpful.
>>
>>9765594
Thanks this was interesting

>the human face is [imperceptibly] moving anytime you engage in verbal thought
TIL
>>
How about you start reading about stuff you like? Doesn't matter how entry level it is. You can't just start with Shakespeare and hope to enjoy it.
>>
>>9765463
Yeah I was the same way; I came from 4 years of STEM fagging and I could barely read a sentence from something resembling literature.

Just take it really slow, and you'll notice your speed picking up. I broke my multiyear hiatus from reading by picking up Kafka On The Shore, just finished Despair by Nabokov, and now I'm reading Lolita.

I'd also recommend an ebook reader, just because your vocabulary is probably as shit as mine is, and it's too tedious to keep going to a dictionary.
>>
>>9765562
Knowing you have ADHD doesn't really help the problem and in most cases just makes the issue worse by giving you an excuse to act the way you do.
>>
Check this out
>>
>>9765613
You stop parroting that nonsense. Nobody is born with an inherent desire for reading, you're indoctrinated to the habbit by authority figures or environmental circumstances. However at the same time OP still has the power to inspire a habbit of regular reading in himself.

OP is suffering from an Internet addiction, clear as day. Try taking heroin for a few months and I guarantee you'll be in his position too.
>>
I posted this same problem a couple days ago and someone gave advice that probably changed my life.

Practice deep breathing. Take a breath with one sentence, exhale with another. After a couple days I do this a couple times and I'm glued to a book.

Also read philosophy. It's like a riddle for your brain, and it's interesting to think that these books influence minds a hundred years later.

They also satisfy the reward part of your brain, because you'll have mini epiphanies every couple of pages.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.