[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing I write is appreciated by my father and it's really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: wojaktears.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
wojaktears.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
Nothing I write is appreciated by my father and it's really really getting to me. All I want is for him to acknowledge my talent and enjoy reading my work, if only in parts. But he won't. Why are some people so resistant to the world of high-brow art and literary fiction in particular? My mummy likes everything I write but I know she's just being nice and supporting her "little writer" no matter what happens. But my dad just wearily promises he'll read the pages I give him then gives me some vague feedback every time I pester him for a reaction. I feel a LOT like Kafka in this sense, although he was 29 when he wrote the famous long letter to his father and I'm 36 but feel EXACTLY the same way. I just wish for once he would sit down with me and read through my work and give me an honest opinion about what he thought. I know that if I had a job, or a girlfriend or something that he would be WAY more interested in my writing, just like he's interested in my little brother's videogames (they play together even though my dad ALWAYS friggin loses) and it's only because my brother has a fiancee and a career in engineering. I feel like such an outcast in this family. Such a black sheep. I know that to some extent my genius and sensitivity will necessarily distance me from those who fail to perceive life as clearly as myself, but still, I lack the validation of the one person in this world whose opinion means the most.
>>
>>9764847
Good fathers don't raise good writers
>>
>>9764847
If this isn't pasta it is now
>>
>>9764847
>All I want is for him to acknowledge my talent
>my talent
What is there is nothing to acknowledge for?
>>
>>9764847
>blaming your dad for not liking a 36 year old loser of a son, who browses 4chan and posts 'feels', and calls his mother 'mummy'

Kill yourself
>>
>>9764856
That's simply untrue. I have read psychology books which suggest that the early death / departure of a child's father means that it is more likely that said child will become an artist, but there are plenty of writers who had terrible fathers yet who succeeded as artists anyway.

>>9764863
There is literally no disputing the fact that my literary talents exceed those of at least 85% of fellow unpublished writers. As for contemporary literature I discard almost every book I read that has been published in the past 10 years within pages of beginning them. Because every single time they cause me to experience heart palpitations which ruin my mood and health both mental and physical. I am so f*****g frustrated whenever I see people young writers even younger than myself publishing their debut or even second novel to almost purely positive critical acclaim while I linger in obscurity spending several hours each day writing things that literally tick every box a potential could reader would want ticked.
>>
File: 1474851130302.jpg (64KB, 996x682px) Image search: [Google]
1474851130302.jpg
64KB, 996x682px
>>9764880
>I have read psychology books which suggest that the early death / departure of a child's father means that it is more likely that said child will become an artist, but there are plenty of writers who had terrible fathers yet who succeeded as artists anyway.
wat
>>
At least you have a father?
>>
Goddamn I'm almost 20 and feel like killing myself because I browse this site, I can't imagine being 36 and still posting about my dad and feels on fucking 4chan. You are so pathetic, get a fucking job and gf
>>
>>9764880
>There is literally no disputing the fact that my literary talents exceed those of at least 85% of fellow unpublished writers.
Post work.
>>
>>9764880
>I am so f*****g

Go take a dip in a barrel of gasoline while playing with matches.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.