[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Stephen Fry? I find him quite pretentious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: ZYLuzKYt[1].jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ZYLuzKYt[1].jpg
42KB, 512x512px
What do you think of Stephen Fry?

I find him quite pretentious. Compare him to other intellectuals like Louis Theroux and well, he's not even worth watching, really..
>>
File: 1485742262427.png (17KB, 861x758px) Image search: [Google]
1485742262427.png
17KB, 861x758px
>>9763471
>other intellectuals like Louis Theroux
>>
>>9763483
Okay..What do you have against LT. He's pretty based desu senpai.
>>
>>9763504
His video journalism is fine, but I have no idea what makes him an intellectual. If anything the nature of his films would make him want to avoid that kind of reputation.
>>
>>9763516
>the nature of his films would make him want to avoid that kind of reputation
I don't see how that is, since there is not contradiction between film-making and being an intellectual.

An intellectual is someone a cut above the rest, who devotes a lot of time to studying, just as he does. He also studied in Oxford, the most prestigious university in the world..I'd say that is pretty intellectual, no?
>>
I see him as being torn, he sees the degeneracy of the left, that's for certain, but the backlash he's received has probably pushed him towards trump derangement syndrome. When he left twitter due to what he called the toxicity of people arguing on behalf of other people(basically the left's overbearing protection of their pet minorities to the point that they cannibalize each other)

He's a charming man, he's an entertainer, but politically I find him to be contemptible and wish-washy
>>
Is he a fellow atheist such as I? I thought he was, but I prefer the likes of the great Dawkins, Dennet and the rest of the bunch.
I am hopeful eventually we will crush the poisionous meme that is religion. Yugh, it cannot come any sooner. Transhumanism will bring us there I am certain. With help of reason and rationality, not sky gods and other such nonsense.
>>
File: 1271564746527.jpg (85KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
1271564746527.jpg
85KB, 600x675px
>>9763553
Na he ain't full fedora like you. He professes his reverence for Christianity a lot, and goes on about how it was one of the best influences on western civilization on more than one occasion, this is why I>>9763549 say that he torn. He's definitely a classical liberal since he sights locke and hobbes but since he's a media figure that's dominated by marxist, progressive cultural relativists he has to pander
>>
is making history any good?
>>
>>9763605
sure in that he's a good orator and makes it entertaining. Kind of like a more eloquent and British version of the black meme astrophysicist
>>
>>9763471
Well he is smart or atleast knowledgeable and I respect that. He can be quite amusing. However he does let his views be quite known on things where he will just dismiss other's opinions. I wouldn't say I like or dislike him.
>>
>>9763528
Film is for people who aren't patient enough to read. It is not an intellectual interest.
>Oxford, the most prestigious university in the world
lmao
>>
>>9763471
I only ever watched his documentary on Wagner. He seems to genuinly enjoy his oeuvre and people who like Wagner can't be all that bad right?
right?
>>
>>9763658

>Film is for people who aren't patient enough to read. It is not an intellectual interest.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>9763471
He is not an intellectual he is a well read comedian and he's a good one. Solid sketch writer and an excellent panel show host.
Don't do him a disservice by comparing him to actual intellectuals (unlike Therox), he'd be the first to tell you you've made a categorization error.
>>
Listening to his audiobook of Sherlock Holmes at 2.0x speed has been absolutely wonderful. Though I would have killed myself if I had to listen to it at a normal rate. The fucker speaks slower than molasses.
>>
>>9763625
Just call him Black Science Guy it's the extent of the shit he does
>>
>intellectual

ayy lmao OP you are a brainlet, he's a sketch comedian, and Louis Theroux is a documentary maker who also got started in sketch comedy

OP is probably British, he cannot think in terms outside of BBC television
>>
>>9763471
>pretentious
What's the pretense?
>>
>>9763471
Pretentious, yes. Not worth making a thread about. Really I'd prefer to forget he ever existed.
>>
>>9764364
ur mum
>>
>>9763471
That Danish dyke ruined QI. Fry is well educated but he knows he's an entertainer and not an intellectual.
>>
>>9763471
He should've stuck with hosting QI.

Other than that I don't see the use for him.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.