[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had more fun and fulfillment reading this than any Shakespeare,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: images (73).jpg (28KB, 337x436px) Image search: [Google]
images (73).jpg
28KB, 337x436px
I had more fun and fulfillment reading this than any Shakespeare, Joyce, Kafka, Tolstoy, Hemingway, Spenser, Chekhov, Dante etc that I have read.
>>
>>9761008

That's okay, but don't think that means anything important. This says more about you than it does each of those writers.
>>
>>9761067
Nope
>>
>>9761008
'kay.
>>
>>9761008
Hmmmmmm
>>
>>9761008
Because it's not a pretentious pile of shit and it has actually aged well unlike the others you mentioned
>>
>>9761008
>>9761754
Samefag

Why are you trying so hard to bait someone into shitting Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien's books? They're good, especially if you're a child or a teen, but they obviously doesn't carry the same value and depth as the other authors you mentioned (except Hemingway).
>>
>>9761008
because it's just that good.
>>
>>9761008
Books were boring as shit. Movies made it better desu with you senpai.
>>
>>9761933
Na
>>
Who the fuck thinks kafka is funny?
>>
>>9761996
>Who the fuck thinks kafka is funny?
People who understand Kafka.

https://harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/HarpersMagazine-1998-07-0059612.pdf
>>
File: Fyodor-Dostoyevsky.jpg (93KB, 667x437px) Image search: [Google]
Fyodor-Dostoyevsky.jpg
93KB, 667x437px
>>9761008
Dostoyevsky is Harry Potter easy to read, but it's Lord of The Rings deep and it's actually literature and not genre fiction.
>>
>>9761996
I do. The Trial had me laughing at loud
>>
>>9761764
I'm the second guy you replied to. I genuinely like Tolkien a lot. Very comfy to read. Not sure what you're on about.
>>
>>9762075
Charles Dickens and Leo Tolstoy are also incredibly easy to read and fun. Mark Twain is also very light. Please also try Alexandre Dumas and Anton Chekhov. All are mainstream and very good.
>>
>>9762075
Nigga notes from the underground took me like a month to get through, not because it was hard but because everything that stupid motherfucker did just made me want to throw the book across the room. Like, why would you invite yourself to a party with people you don't like just to sit there complaining that you don't like anyone. It was too real.
>>
File: aussiegoat.jpg (4KB, 110x154px) Image search: [Google]
aussiegoat.jpg
4KB, 110x154px
>>9762111
>>
>>9761008
It's the best fictional thing ever written.
>>
>>9761754

>Hemingway
>pretentious
>when he used vernacular language such as "cocksucker"

wew lad

If you want to say Joyce and Kafka were pretentious, you're wrong but fine. But Hemingway indisputably wrote for the common person.
>>
>>9762534
>But Hemingway indisputably wrote for the common person

>common person

Define "common person".
>>
>>9763135
the kind of person that's most commonly found if you line up everyone and pick at random, what do you mean???
>>
>>9764374
That is not a definition.
>>
>>9763135

working class, as opposed to college professors and MFA graduates in creative writing, which is what Pynchon/DFW/Joyce were writing for
>>
>>9761008
Enjoy your den of ignorance.
>>
I want to read The Lord of the Rings by Hemingway. I bet we could cut that fucker's page count in half.
>>
>>9761754
How the fuck is Kafka pretentious?
>>
>>9765420
Virgin
>>
>>9765414
Define "working class".
>>
>>9761008
doubt (X)
>>
>>9765424
>Murkwood section almost entirely removed
>Fishing and Bullfighting added to Rivendell
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.