[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to be in a situation where I need to be as stoic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4382.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4382.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
I'm about to be in a situation where I need to be as stoic as possible for a year but ideally my entire life. Is there a single essential work that I can read to achieve this?
>>
Seneca, but not that "letteers from a Stoic" meme, go for "on the shortness of life" and "on happiness" instead.
>>
>>9760800
thank you man

I took AP Latin in highschool and a bit in college; should I read the original or translated?
>>
>>9760811

idk man I have only read translations of his works so can't help you out there!
>>
>>9760794
No.
>>
>>9760822
You will hear many men saying: “After my fiftieth year I shall retire into leisure, my sixtieth year shall
release me from public duties.” And what guarantee, pray, have you that your life will last longer? Who
will suffer your course to be just as you plan it? Are you not ashamed to reserve for yourself only the
remnant of life, and to set apart for wisdom only that time which cannot be devoted to any business?
How late it is to begin to live just when we must cease to live! What foolish forgetfulness of mortality to
postpone wholesome plans to the fiftieth and sixtieth year, and to intend to begin life at a point to which
few have attained!

damn
>>
>>9760800
I have a collection of his letters and both of those are included in it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.