[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No, seriously, was he autistic? He comes across as incredibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: henry-thoreau2.jpg (85KB, 948x997px) Image search: [Google]
henry-thoreau2.jpg
85KB, 948x997px
No, seriously, was he autistic? He comes across as incredibly socially inept in just about any biography I've read of him.
>>
>>9758321
Wasn't autism. He was just being thorough.
>>
>>9758327
XD
>>
>>9758321
>it's another is X author autistic? thread
>>
>>9758349
Ralph Emerson said Thoreau didn't have many friends because he was too honest, he couldn't get either of the women he lusted after and seemed to give up on romance after that and was obsessed with finding a "good friend". There seems to be more to go off of than just "lol" he was weird.
>>
>>9758327

This is one of the better posts on /lit/ this year.
>>
>>9758321
it wasn't autism, it was being gay and feeling incredibly awkward getting letters from Bram Stoker asking if he had any pictures of himself naked.
>>
File: Facepalm_ferret.jpg (114KB, 484x484px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm_ferret.jpg
114KB, 484x484px
>>9759515
no, wait, sorry, that was Walt Whitman.
>>
>>9758321
He lived in his parents cabin alone all his life. The only reason his work is given any exposure at all outside of being a cultural artifact of the time is that they are anti idustrial and anti modernization. These are two characteristics of oligarchs.
>>
>>9761747
>in his parents cabin alone all his life
But...he lived in Emerson's house for two years.
>>
>>9758321
>any biography
Then (you) need to read Robert Richardson's Thoreau: A Life of the Mind.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.