[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read one book a week >52 books a year >if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: infine.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
infine.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>read one book a week
>52 books a year
>if you're 25, have an average of 80 - 25 = 55 years left
>55 * 52 = 2860 books
>>
>>9757383
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
Why not read 2 books a week and read over 3000. How bow dah as the lady says.
>>
>>9757383
>your backlog is 358 books
>that's more than a tenth of all the books you can read in a lifetime
>will probably be too senile and/or have poor eyesight for the last decade not to mention work and family in between
>your backlog is probably a fifth of your life
>>
File: 1376624581577.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1376624581577.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>tfw i feel the clock ticking
LIMITED LIFE
>LIMITED LIFE
LIMITED LIFE
>LIMITED LIFE
>>
File: your life in weeks.png (279KB, 1550x1950px) Image search: [Google]
your life in weeks.png
279KB, 1550x1950px
>>9757427
>>9757400
>>
>>9757434
help
>>
>>9757434
>that pic
why even live
>>
>>9757434
this chart is less existentially horrifying if you cut off the last bottom so you don't have time to reflect on your limited existence since you're busy working.
>>
>>9757383
How do I make use of the limited amount of time I have?
>>
>>9757451
read, spend time with friends, get outdoors once in a while, and sleep with as many women as you can
>>
File: didntsignupforthis.jpg (38KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
didntsignupforthis.jpg
38KB, 600x568px
>>9757434
>tfw when almost out of the orange
oh god i wasted it all please help someone oh god
>>
Honestly about 3000 books seems like a nice amount.
>>
>>9757434
I'm relatively early in the red. The blues, green, yellow and orange have been over for a few years now. Loooooots of red to go, already got 6 books written, 7th is expected to be finished within a week. Working on others. Honestly, I look forward to growing older, growing smarter, and earning my way in life. My writing will one day give me full-time pay, and as I continue I'm certain that pay will increase. To what extent, I don't know, but I love writing so much that my red might go on forever and I'll never have nor want purple.

The best part? I'm MGTOW, so no bitch is going to take half my shit. I still have sex from time to time, but never without a rubber, even if she swears she's on birth control. Never going to leave a condom behind either, because some crazy cunts get the condom from the trash and push the cum inside themselves to try and get pregnant. Life is fucking good, and it's going to get better.
>>
>>9757383
2,860 books is about the only really important ones in the western canon.
>>
>>9758951
Whoa, dude. I know that there are lots of able minded folks on this board who can detect bait, but you may want to make it a little more obvious for those few who might take you seriously by mistake.
>>
Nobody needs to read 2860 books. Just pick about 100 you like and reread them throughout your life
>>
>>9758965
I am being serious. Are you not red-pilled?
>>
>>9757434
DELETE THIS
>>
>>9759024
How can you know that you wouldn't like other ones better? You might end up rereading the same 100 crap books multiple times.
>>
File: 1490838835251.jpg (39KB, 599x555px) Image search: [Google]
1490838835251.jpg
39KB, 599x555px
>tfw you started seriously reading at 19
>tfw the first 18 years of your life were wasted time
>>
>>9757383
Stop being autistic and come to terms with not reading everything

It's mostly shit anyway
>>
>>9759110
>Are you not red-pilled?
your'e still a child lad, or suffering development issues. your thinking is teenage.
>>
File: 1497069815437.jpg (16KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
1497069815437.jpg
16KB, 620x374px
>>9757383
>is 25 years old
>work so much I barely read 2 books a month, let's say 1.5
>55*12*1.5=990 at best
>I got over 700 books I want to read in my bookshelves
>>
>>9759150
I don't think it's childish to see the issues of today. Men get a raw deal in divorce court, women get custody over 90% of the time when they fight for custody, often comes with child support, 'alimony' still exists even though the wage gap is gone, false rape accusations are not uncommon; these are all facts. There are also times when an unmarried couple who has been living together suddenly break up; the man comes home to a house that's been utterly gutted because she basically took everything of value. Then there's the statistic that point towards single mothers often fucking up on their duties thus raising criminals. What was it, 80% of people in jail were raised by single mothers?

I'm aware of the facts and don't want to take unnecessary risks.
>>
>>9759174
Red pill me on struggling single mothers
>>
>>9759260
Scum
>>
>>9759172
Learn to speed read my friend.
>>
>>9759260
Many of them struggle willingly, and that's what I have a problem with. 65% of marriages end in divorce, the VAST majority were to get away from a man who was not abusive at all. They leave, they take the kids, get the Government to force the father to send HER money and the majority of the money does indeed get spent on HER. She should have stayed with the father if he was willing to stay with her. Either no-fault divorce has to go, or when women file for divorce with no actual evidence of abuse being present then she should forfeit all rights to child support. If he wants to support the child regardless, good for him. If not, too fucking bad, get to work.

This is what happens to many single mothers; welfare, mooch off the father's child support, the kid(s) eventually grow up and leave the mother, and the mother who has not worked or barely worked for so many years now has as much work experience as someone entering College. She ends up alone, broke, and miserable. She can blame nobody but herself, and feminism, which encourages women to do as she did. Be 'independent', use the system, and force that 'dead-beat dad' to pay her way. If she stayed married, she would have someone to live with, someone who loves her, who will be there for her until the very end. She would also likely have her kids, but because of trying to remove the father from their lives in whole or in part the child(ren) are far more likely to end up in jail rather than to come and visit.

So unless the father of the single mother's child(ren) was legitimately physically abusive (with evidence) or verbally abusive to the point of threatening her or the kid's life (with evidence) or if the father outright died and she's widowed, yeah, fuck the 'struggling single mothers'. They brought their suffering upon themselves, and worse, brought suffering upon their children who will get to see their father very little if at all. There's your red pill.
>>
>>9759316
I mean 50% of marriages end in divorce and 65% of them were filed by women. The VAST majority of the divorces were filed against men who were not abusive at all. Three words; "I'm not happy." Here's some more fucking words; "'til death do you part." She said 'I do'. Used to mean something; not anymore.
>>
>>9759316
Your mistake is thinking this is a white problem and that child support gets paid
>>
>>9759316
>>9759326
It's not even no-cause divorces that are the problem, its the fact that family courts are outright unconstitutional and are geared towards providing the single mother every possible concession on the outdated notion that all divorced women are fleeing dangerous or abusive men.

For example, in most U.S. states it is perfectly legal for a family court judge to order alimony payments in excess of the father's actual income - this is often done on the basis that he has some significant amount of money in savings, or to reach some kind of ephemeral 50% split, but these justifications aren't explicitly required and the alimony payments are going to continue beyond the point of sustainability either way.
When the father then cannot pay the ordered alimony, the judge can then actually INCREASE the alimony or perform various legal actions not limited to having the father put in jail. Ironically, the alimony payment can also be increased on the grounds that the father is not properly using his allotted custody time - regardless of if this is because he is working to pay an unsustainable alimony. And remember, this is happening AFTER the standard 50/50 assets split most family courts and divorce lawyers push for.
>>
What is the point of reading all those books exactly? Draft up a must-read list no longer than a hundred or so and spend your time having worthwhile experiences that make you feel alive.
>>
>>9757427
Death is your ally. The alternative would be to live forever. Imagine how terrifying that would be.
>>
>>9759421
Yo I get that living forever would be bad but can I not get at least a few hundred years of life? Only 50 years or so to actually think about things and try to learn the truth is bullshit.
>>
>>9759454
Whether you get ten weeks or ten million years, there will still come a point where you cease to exist and it will stop mattering.
>>
>>9759407
How would you know what your 200 must-read books are if you haven't read them yet?
>>
>>9757434
>week when women first give birth is a year before marriage
hoores
>>
>>9759503
If there is a continuation of existence after death whose form depends on the manner in which you live, then actually the amount of time you have to find out the truth and form yourself in accordance Wwith it is of paramount importance. It's obviously preferable to live 10 million years, because 10 million years of suffering while alive is insignificant compared to an eternity of suffering after death.
>>
>>9759421
>The alternative would be to live forever. Imagine how terrifying that would be.
People keep saying this but why?
>getting to experience all the scientific marvels
>being able to explore the universe
>being able to learn and unlearn EVERYTHING
>getting to witness all the great historical moments of human history
I don't see any bad about being immortal, except perhaps some boredom once in a while.

To be is better than not to be. The ability to feel happiness or sadness or depression or joy is better than not existing.
>>
>>9759336
It's more of a black problem than a white problem, yes, but it is STILL a problem. Just because I'm white doesn't mean I'll get a fair go in divorce court, certainly not. There's also penalties if a man doesn't pay the child support as he's supposed to.

>>9759358
No-fault divorce is most definitely a problem, and has contributed to the huge amount of divorces which ultimately has ruined many, many families. For the most part I think 2nd wave feminism has done well, but that is one of the areas where they fucked up. There's also the Duluth Model; cops are trained to automatically assume that the male is the perpetrator of any domestic violence. So if a wife is beating on her husband and he calls the cops, the cops are more likely to arrest him than her, unless perhaps the beating is still ongoing or something like that.

Lawyers also push for the mother/wife to claim domestic abuse. It's a silver bullet. Even without proof, she's almost guaranteed to get her way. It's absolutely fucked up. Feminists push this belief of being oppressed, but the fact of the matter is they have it better than men. I've put a lot of thought to it, but I still haven't come up with anything; is there a single solitary right that a man has that a woman does not? I mean, women obviously have many rights that men don't have, but is there any that men have that women don't? Also, wrote nearly 2000 words this morning, feels fucking good.
>>
>>9759567
Immortality is the continuation of suffering and appetite forever. In other words, hell.
>>
>>9759582
Life isn't suffering.

Life is everything.
>>
File: 1414761637796.jpg (76KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
1414761637796.jpg
76KB, 600x333px
>>9757434
>all that time spent wagecucking
>>
>>9759110
I'm the original person who replied to you, and I would like to augment my original statement as I believe it will enable you to develop a healthier mindset c:
I of course knew that you were being serious but was only trying to point out your immature thinking in a way other than "youre fucking joking right?" Honestly, its nice to see that you have so much energy for the future since you are so young, but in blatant contrast with your short and punchy sentences, your compilation of 'extra' opinions eludes to a possibility that they were spoken by a man terribly scared and deluded by the matters of others. It just made me wonder whether or not your energy had genuinely come from an inspired place after all.
For future reference, you may want to think about telling people your position on leaving condoms in the trash near crazy cunts in discussions about the brevity of life, and you may want to spend some time introspecting. Good luck with the books, pal.

>red-pilled
wait shit this was bait
>>
>>9757383

but that's a whole lot of books
>>
>>9757434
this pic makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>9759421
>>9759582
immortality would give you a choice, the current situation does not
>>
>>9759538
Women get married earlier than men still I think
>>
>>9759698
If you had the choice to die you wouldn't be immortal...
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.