[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

there is literally no point in reading fiction it was designed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: infinitejust.png (402KB, 618x829px) Image search: [Google]
infinitejust.png
402KB, 618x829px
there is literally no point in reading fiction
it was designed for entertainment and escapism in a time before tv
only pretentious retards read fiction
proove me wrong.
>>
>>9757024

>watch tv show
>it sucks
>get more entertainment from book
>>
>>9757024
>proove me wrong.

You just proved urself wrong

You would be right if no one replied to this thread, this god awful thread
>>
the book is literally about entertainment and escapism and has some really good points which could easily have been written in a non-fiction but it's much more fun to read fiction
>>
>>9757031
>urself
nice spelling kid
>>
>>9757024
A story's 'didactic content' is often what makes it beautiful or entertaining in the first place

If you think people read fiction to become more intelligent, you are unintelligent
>>
>>9757024
>Time before TV
>1992
>>
>>9757039
>>9757131
He's trying to troll you, how do you not get it?
>>9757135
You really don't get it.
>>
>film can present a cinematic storytelling experience that can easily be wrapped up in 1.5 to 3 hours (generally)
>television presents a visual, serialized storytelling experience that can be developed over many hours of collective watch time over the span of years by a group of writers

Fiction can provide a storytelling experience that TV and film could never accomplish or grasp as seen by works like Ulysses, To the Lighthouse, In Search of Lost Time, yadda yadda yadda
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 256x197px
>>9757103
not him but
>
>>
why would you do anything for any reason other than security or entertainment?
>>
>>9758158
To brag about it on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>9757024
Tell me good nonfiction enlightend one
>>
>>9757024
>can't enjoy movies because they are either too pretentious or too vapid
>can't enjoy books because they are either superficially deep or too shallow
>can't enjoy normal activities of life because they are all so boring

I just want to be normal and capable of enjoying things.
>>
>>9757024
TV is too passive. With books I'm always taking information in. Also, the number of good writers throughout history dwarfs the number of good directors.
>>
daily reminder that fiction is for plebs and pseuds

>weighing down content with useless imagery that just slows down analytic processes
>>
Fiction is for entertainment. Only pseudo intellectuals thing entertainment (or fun or enjoyment) is an offensive term. This is because they need to pretend that certain things have philosophical or psychological insights. They do this in order to create hierarchies among themselves, both within social lives and academia. Among other reasons
>>
>>9758668
I mean we're talking about a very different time span for the two, and in some ways film can be said to be in a state that writing probably was more than 3000 or 4000 years ago if not more

I'm not going to claim that film will develop to such a great extent, but it's a little dumb to compare the two
>>
Was going to reply until "prove".

You baited too hard
>>
>>9758668
it's not about the director, it's about the screenwriter. you're right though, there's only a handful of good screenwriters.
>>
>>9758709
not really fair to say 3000. film industry accelerated extremely quickly in the last century. we have 8 billion people on the planet we're improving everything at a faster pace.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.