[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leave this board and never return if any of these apply to you:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 596px-thumbnail.jpg (106KB, 596x900px) Image search: [Google]
596px-thumbnail.jpg
106KB, 596x900px
Leave this board and never return if any of these apply to you:

>you read any form of genre fiction
>you barely know your classics
>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
>you speak a single language
>you read contemporary versions of Shakespeare or Milton
>you read for the plot
>you read for solely for entertainment
>you rarely read nonfiction
>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
>you don't have at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon
>you mostly read contemporary literature
>you believe 'the author is dead'
>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
>your rarely read poetry
>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
>you have a hard time explaining why you like a given work
>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight

What book are you reading?
>>
>>9751632
Beckett's Trilogy. I was suffering until part two of Molloy.
>>
>>9751640
Poems of Sir Samuel Ferguson (published 1918)
>>
>>9751632
You wouldn't allow Milton to post here?
>>
File: 1498736596618.png (360KB, 750x713px) Image search: [Google]
1498736596618.png
360KB, 750x713px
>>9751632
This is unironically a good list. Both in terms of opinions and things to work on.
>>
>>9751784
Go back to r*ddit.com
>>
>>9751632
>you read for solely for entertainment
so why do you read? to prove how deep and edgy you are because you read greek philosophy? kys nigger
>>
>>9751632
Joyce's Dubliners and Melville's Dick.
After that i'm going back to the Greeks, directly for Aeschillus, Sophocles and Euripides.

>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon

What's cultural horizon mean?
>>
>>9751784
it doesn't have to be this way but it is.

most of you all are a bunch of goddam n donkeys and snobs and you should cease being such a bunch of idiots. the inverse of vulgarity is not classiness.
>>
>>9751679
"...and that was when my thread died."
>>
>>9751632
Why did you change the image?
>>
>>9752155
no reason just got bored with the other. also it deters janny from deleting my thread
>>
Anyone ever read the autobiography of Benvenuto Cellini? He's the one that carved that statue of Perseus
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.