[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literature is escapism. Cut down on your reading and obsession

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: escapism.png (544KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
escapism.png
544KB, 720x480px
Literature is escapism. Cut down on your reading and obsession and go live life.
>>
Life is escapism
>>
>>9747464
>go live life
Sounds like escapism.
>>
>>9747464
Why not both? Read at night, when there is less to do outside.
>>
But I need it
I need the surge
The dopamine
>>
>>9747464
you'll have to kill me first
>>
File: 1481858454390.jpg (303KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481858454390.jpg
303KB, 600x600px
>>9747464
>go live life
I don't have a fucking choice
>>
File: you-are-a-beautiful-soul.jpg (155KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
you-are-a-beautiful-soul.jpg
155KB, 717x960px
b-but i am such a beautiful soul

>to attain actuality, it is necessary to act, and all action carries with it the one-sidedness of partiality of a particular individual acting in particular circumstances, that is, a selfishness that contradicts the universality of duty; “only a stone is innocent.” In wanting to love all, in choosing for all and against none, the beautiful soul hopes to preserve the unlimited, infinite “determinability” of its full humanity in its purity and integrity (Schiller), but in refusing to pass from determinability to a determination that will limit it by actualizing one potentiality at the expense of others and helping some at the expense of others, it in fact chooses no one and does nothing for anyone, and loves only itself. Not even its self-sacrifice in madness (Friedrich Hölderlin) or consumption (Novalis) benefits anyone; its “feeling” and “moral vision” accomplish no real change in the world. Real action would involve adapting itself to the world and finding effective means of realizing its ends, which would inevitably involve compromises, risks, and partiality, actualizing some potentialities and sacrificing others, benefiting some particular others at the expense of others. Not willing to do this, the beautiful soul’s supposed richness of moral sentiments is exposed as bankrupt, its supposed selflessness revealed as self-worship. Whether at the level of sensory experience or moral action, the unexpressed and the unactualized is the most impoverished and least real, not the richest and most infinite. Actualization requires determination, and so limitation, but without such limitation, infinite potential remains as ague, empty, and amorphous as unformed clay, much as children represent infinite potential, but have no definite character
>>
>>9747464
You are right.
Literature is escapism.
But a little escapism once in a while can't hurt can it?
>>
>>9747464
What exactly should we do instead?
>>
>>9747524
Work 80 hours a week.
>>
>>9747524
Asceticism
>>
>>9747464
Escapism is part of life.
>>
But life isn't as good. So, sell me I guess.
>>
>go live life
You mean go out clubbing and drinking, snapchatting and fucking?
>>
>>9747568
work is escapism, too
>>
>>9747464
>Cut down on your reading and obsession and go live life.

Makes me sad that there's plebs like OP out there that will never feel or even begin to understand the heights of ahesthetic and metaphysical pleasures that man can experience and share. Truly the greatest of joys.
>>
>>9747464

Marché is the villain.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.