[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i need to write my wedding vows and i don't want them to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3925.jpg (128KB, 736x1102px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3925.jpg
128KB, 736x1102px
i need to write my wedding vows and i don't want them to be full of clichées and sappy, oversued phrases.

can you help me out /lit/?
any excellent literature examples of expressing love?
>>
>>9746269
Just do the Catholic ones, you are not a special snowflake. If you need to speak, do so at your reception and dinner.
>>
>>9746269
Read Madame Bovary, it's a pretty good primer for your situation anon.
>>
>>9746269
I vow to love you with all my heart and soul for all of eternity. However, if at some point I find out you're a pleb, I will not hesitate to divorce you.
>>
>>9746273
we are both non-religious and there won't be a church ceremony.
the vows also won't be recited infront of the guests, they are only for my fiance to hear, but everything i come up with is so sickly romantic i feel like vomiting.

>>9746280
not sure if bait
>>
>>9746289
kek, rude.

i already know he's a pleb. what now?
>>
>>9746291
Well what kind of thing do you want to promise her? Write down vows you actually plan to fulfil.
It doesn't matter if they are cliche or romantic, if they cover how you intent to carry yourself as her husband it is all that matters.
>>
File: juggaho.jpg?w=300&h=224.jpg (37KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
juggaho.jpg?w=300&h=224.jpg
37KB, 300x224px
>>9746269
Whenever I speak in public I model my speech off of orations in Thucydides or Livy. I recommend you give an hour long oration in the same form, calling upon virtue, honor, civic responsibility, personal responsibility, and love.

>>9746291
>non-religious
Why not just rut in front of the assembled guests?
>>
>>9746303
> he
Gay couples have a high divorce rate, don't even bother and instead try to cure your disease.
>>
>>9746311
Give an oath of service and love. Make it classical ala >>9746311
>>
File: 1466105233019.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1466105233019.gif
2MB, 400x224px
Just quote Sancho Panza when he speaks about Don Quixote. Your lady-friend will appreciate it.
>>
>>9746269
Don't be ashamed to use cliches if they resonate with you.
>>
>>9746269
Satan's tits, OP, you know the person you're marrying better than any of us ever possibly could. You have made the conscious decision to pair a part of your life to this (presumably) aesthetically pleasing up-monkey. You've decided that being without this person is unacceptable and that the only rational course of action is to be with them forever. If you can't come up with a few cursory expressions to convey the weight of meaning that must entail then I can't help you. No one can.
Speak from experience, speak about the dumb, innocuous shit that made you fall in love with him. If it's sappy and cliche then so be it.
>>
File: 1493488764363.jpg (73KB, 700x696px) Image search: [Google]
1493488764363.jpg
73KB, 700x696px
>>9746269
Why can't you write your own vows? How much do you really love her?

If you're worth anything to her, whatever you write down will be more than good enough.
>>
File: 1495513643371.jpg (14KB, 262x337px) Image search: [Google]
1495513643371.jpg
14KB, 262x337px
>>9746269

>he wants a bunch of sperg fucks to help him write his own wedding vows

good luck have fun
>>
The epilogue of Crime and Punishment has some beautiful descriptions of the love between Raskolnikov and Sonya.
>>
>>9746681
aho girl?
>>
READ THIS: GETTING MARRIED IS FOR SCHMUCKS.
>>
File: theyre great.png (108KB, 260x314px) Image search: [Google]
theyre great.png
108KB, 260x314px
You should try to make your vows something that you can actually do. Think of vows as like the marriage contract. They were the ancient form of prenuptial.

>>9746311

Kek.
>>
>>9746303
>what now?

I think we both know what. It might not be easy but it's the noble thing to do.
>>
>>9746291
If you both are non-religious, then why the fuck are you even marrying? You don't have an objective purpose in life, you don't have a reason to exist and you don't see reason in anything, why bother with marriage? Why bother with life itself? Everything you and your wife do is meaningless and will only bring meaningless suffering.
>>
>>9746291

>we are both non-religious and there won't be a church ceremony.
>the vows also won't be recited infront of the guests

Lmao what is even the point of this. You both sound like a couple of insufferable snowflakes.
>>
>>9746269
>wedding vows
>not clichée and sappy
but that's the whole point of traditional marriage, you are not going to invent a new kind of institution for yourself but participate in a tradition. try not to be too cute at least with your cleverness.
>>
>>9746749
are you implying his fiancee is a whore?
>>
I can't go on. You must go on. I'll go on.
>>
Read Ovid on love.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/ovid/lboo/
>>
>>9746269
>>9746273
Listen to this guy OP, doesn't have to be catholic, but no matter how special you think you are if you do something non-traditional you're a self obsessesed faggot.
>>
Roses are red
Violets are blue
If you cheat on me, I'll behead you
>>
>>9746269
see
>>9747937
What's the point of adhering to a christian tradition like marriage if you're going to desecrate it with your sacrilegious bullshit.
>>
Lord Byron

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43844/she-walks-in-beauty
>>
Post her nudes already.
>>
>>9747943
this /thread
>>
>>9746269
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me prov'd,
I never writ, nor no man ever lov'd.
>>
>>9746269
just b urself
>>
>>9748940
>le marriage is a Christian thing and not something that people all over the world through all of history have done maymay
>>
you're almost attractive
barely adequate
your best feature
is your forgetabble
some days I wish for your death
everyday I wish for my own
I already regret doing this
I hate you
grotesque cow
die
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.