[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to get better at reading and concentrating while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Serpiente_alquimica.jpg (147KB, 625x621px) Image search: [Google]
Serpiente_alquimica.jpg
147KB, 625x621px
Is there a way to get better at reading and concentrating while having adhd without ritalin?

I used to feel like a god on the stuff, but I don't want to need to rely on it.
>>
ADHD isn't real
if you lived fifty years ago your parents would have beat some fucking patience into you
grow up, sit down, and start reading a fucking book cover to cover
if you can't do that just kill yourself if you have the attention span for that
>>
>>9745616
get fucked
>>
>>9745603
read a book you're actually interested in
read on an ereader
let something run in the background, like a podcast or a lets play or something.
get a fidget toy to occupy your free hand
>>
>>9745624
that's a pretty short post anon
didn't have the patience for a longer one?
>>
>>9745603
>I used to feel like a god
first clue you dont really have adhd, ritalin has a different effect on people with adhd,if it works like amphetamins for you you just have a short attention span because u r an internet addict
>>
>>9745806
This.
>>
>>9745603
Your attention span is all fucked from smartphones and internet, we are used to instant gratification
Start reading progressively more and more page each day
>>
>>9745630
But I don't want to depend on a fidget toy. It would help though. What do I do if I have to go into work aannd focus? How do I work with no fidget
>>
>>9745630 >>9747790
transition to working without a fidget toy*
>>
>>9745603
Yes, Adderall. :^)
>>
>>9745603
Deep breathing exercises while reading. Inhale for a sentence. Exhale for the next, unless you're reading Proust or Wallace or Kraznahorkai or some other long-sentence fag.
>>
>>9747803
But to elaborate, I was just like you. My therapist, who turned out to be an insufferable Christfag, taught me this, and it has worked miracle.

There's also a study that you retain information better if you're exposed to it during an inhale. I don't know if that's true. What is true is that I remember every other sentence of Moby Dick.

So yeah, deep breaths. Sit in a quiet room. Turn the air on? Do you have a window unit? Those are good for the white noise. Light a candle too. Maybe a vanilla candle. And then one day youll walk by a cafe or be augmenting your coffee when all of a sudden... VANILLA. And it'll shoot you back to that time in your room when you were reading Proust, to that moment where the narrator eats a fucking cookie, and then all of a sudden... SWANN'S WAY.

DO YOU UNDEESTAND WHAT I AM TELLING YOU. Also stop reading news. Its purpose is to distract you. Ask yourself what you think about a thing, and then accept the fact that YOURE RIGHT.

Candles. AC units. Breathing in and out. You got this kiddo.
>>
If you have ADD/ADHD you probably just aren't meant for books.

I recommend reading several things at a time and removing yourself away from television and computers.

Don't listen to the faggots who say it's not real, they have zero hard evidence to support that and they don't know shit about medicine. The fact is that it's been a problem through out all of history.

You just have to learn to live with it, adapt your hobbies towards it. Like I said, handling many different things at a time so you can go back and fourth between them when you feel ancy is the best way.
>>
Maybe what you've been reading hasn't genuinely interested you so far? Just a thought
I know little about adhd, but perhaps taking calming tea and cutting down on food that causes sugar spikes can mediate it a bit
>>
Microdose on LSD
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.