[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>don't know how to keep ellipsis dots together >one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-11-17-13-15-13.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-17-13-15-13.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>don't know how to keep ellipsis dots together
>one or two always spills over to next line
>keep adding and subtracting words to get ellipsis in the middle
>>
>>9745395
i write with a fucking pen so i wouldn't know
>>
Here you go mate: …
>>
File: 20170711_231616-2.jpg (1MB, 4126x520px) Image search: [Google]
20170711_231616-2.jpg
1MB, 4126x520px
OP here: I need a serious answer though. I see it in books sometimes. Does that mean it's not a big deal? Do people even care?
>>
>>9745412
I refuse!
>>
Pre-bed bump.
>>
>>9745417
wow I read that part in GR not five hours ago.
But to answer your question no, I don't think it matters. Like words, if ellipsis happen to spill over to the next page, what of it?
I can't imagine anyone caring.
>>
>>9745798
Then why do I seem to care so much...

Funny connection there, though. I read that Tchichirin(blah) part probably over a year ago, marked it there because I liked the wording of something, picked it up randomly earlier, flipped to that page, reread it, saw the ellipsis which reminded me of this issue, took the picture of the text, then made the post, but didn't make it the OP pic because it's so thin.

GR is pretty great. Just a big work of poetry that thing.
>>
>>9745818
yeah nice connection. like minds and all that (doesn't really apply here) I agree with the poetry observation
you haven't really explained why specifically it bothers you, just said that it does.
so do words going over the line bother you in the same way?
what solution is there? it's inevitable at some points isn't it? maybe you should just get used to it ...
what is a solution? I can't imagine one
>>
>>9745828
To be honest, I was hoping there was some Word feature or fix I wasn't aware of that someone might tell me about. I was also under the impression that it might be something typesetters deal with and strategically avoid in a certain way I'm not aware of.

Off the top of my head, I can't say I've noticed it much outside Pynchon books, but I remember seeing the same thing in Inherent Vice, so that obviously negated the possibility of it being something with older books.

I can find a way to deal with it if need be. It bothers me on an autistic level but I think that was mostly because it feels unnatural. I'm still trying to determine if partial ellipsis carrying over is more common than I think.
>>
>>9745853
>>9745395
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-breaking_space
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.