[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

http://www.themillions.com/2017/07/ anticipated-great-second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 2017SecondPreview.jpg (229KB, 570x712px)
2017SecondPreview.jpg
229KB, 570x712px
http://www.themillions.com/2017/07/anticipated-great-second-half-2017-book-preview.html

Which books in 2017 are you most looking forward to?
>>
>>9744779
The fabled new Thomas Pynchon book.
>>
>>9744779
I'm gonna be honest, I don't recognize any of this.
>>
>reading anything post 1945
>>
i like the cover of "the burning girl", reminds me of old-timey hardcovers

seems like lena dunham's book kicked off a trend of thicc '70s serifs
>>
File: IMG_0208.jpg (56KB, 800x1189px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0208.jpg
56KB, 800x1189px
>>9744779
>Moving Kings
>Joshua Cohen
>One of the boldest voices of his generation, Joshua Cohen returns with Moving Kings, a powerful and provocative novel that interweaves, in profoundly intimate terms, the housing crisis in America’s poor black and Hispanic neighborhoods with the world's oldest conflict, in the Middle East.
>>
>>9745402
WE
>>
desu i think nicole krauss is a Great writer. she rules and i will read her book.
>>
File: Joshua_Cohen.jpg (13KB, 220x279px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_Cohen.jpg
13KB, 220x279px
>>9745402

>looking forward to anything from this yuppie hack

josh pls go i know its u.
>>
>>9745402
kek, literature is fucking DOOMED.
The sheer volume of text that's put into print and marketed is, itself, very scary to the potential novelist. Add to that the trendiness of it all, the fact that maybe nobody's looking for anything profound or even good, anymore, and the whole thing just feels like a vicious circle.

I've got a retired editor looking through my novel, thankfully, but I'm fucking TERRIFIED to send it out, reading excerpts of what gets published in the current year.
>>
>>9745418
I would fuck Nicole Krauss very tenderly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WrCIY3T8zs
>>
>>9745423
>ugh writers today suck ami rite?
>good thing my novel will be published soon
>it's so good though, it probably wont make it it's so good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.