[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Your edgiest, most contrarian views on literature.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 22

File: 1499049277772.jpg (102KB, 971x576px) Image search: [Google]
1499049277772.jpg
102KB, 971x576px
ITT: Your edgiest, most contrarian views on literature. Share the disdain.
>>
literature is nice
>>
File: 1498333883543.jpg (120KB, 641x655px) Image search: [Google]
1498333883543.jpg
120KB, 641x655px
Philosophy is a joke.
It's for those who have nothing better to do.
>>
>>9738120
the cat is plato
the dog is Nietzsche
your post is the koran
>>
>>9738114
The Great Gatsby is completely deserving of it's reputation as an astounding work of literature
>>
>>9738122
I agree.
>>
File: filters.jpg (83KB, 400x625px) Image search: [Google]
filters.jpg
83KB, 400x625px
here are my /lit/ filters
>>
I think literally anything written by a woman or about faggots is wholly unreadable in any form
>>
>>9738134
You're not an edgy contrarian, you're just dumb
>>
>>9738128
I should get this filter for my browser if only to filter the word meme.
>>
>>9738128
But that's the entire board, anon!
>>
>>9738114
I don't think it's possible for women to understand Ulysses or Beckett's trilogy.
>>
Vonnegut is an incredible author and Slaughterhouse five is one of the best books ever written
>>
>>9738120
somewhat this

most philosophy is a mix of masturbatory bullshit and restatements of ideas you can already find in Shakespeare or Don Quixote if you're sharp. the great poets and playwrights tower over the philosophers
>>
>>9738128
> filters "write"

Don't know how you even discuss anything with anyone here.
>>
The Iliad
Moby Dick
Don Quixote
Crime & Punishment
Yukio Mishima
Philosophy
Joseph Conrad
David Foster Wallace
Franz Kafka

All of these fucking bored me. Can't believe this is what you pseudo fucks read here.
>>
>>9738176
I'm not an aspiring writer, nor do i wish to be one.
I'm just a simple reader.
That's why i filter these writing threads.
>>
>>9738128
add Jordan Peterson to that and that's basically mine
>>
File: filterino.jpg (5KB, 296x29px) Image search: [Google]
filterino.jpg
5KB, 296x29px
>>9738165
it looks like this.

There's still about 104 threads being displayed (crude area calculation)
>>
>>9738128
Can you post a screenshot of what your /lit/ catalog looks like?
Are there any threads left?
>>
>>9738167
Some of them might be able to understand Ulysses, but if you told me that a woman understands Portrait of the Artist, I wouldn't believe you.
>>
File: filterono.jpg (429KB, 1565x740px) Image search: [Google]
filterono.jpg
429KB, 1565x740px
>>9738228
Quite alot.
Much better this way though.
>>
File: 1497145560422.jpg (427KB, 1280x1529px) Image search: [Google]
1497145560422.jpg
427KB, 1280x1529px
>>9738128
You are the biggest faggot on this board, congratulations.
>>
>>9738191
>The Iliad
>Moby Dick
>Don Quixote
>Crime & Punishment
>Franz Kafka

if you hated these what are you doing here. you don't like literature at all
>>
>>9738276
I only enjoy engaging literature like A Song of Fire and Ice
>>
Literature is merely a form of entertainment. Only pseuds see that as an insult.

Intellectualism is artistic poison. If it can be written out and clearly laid out in bullet points / lemmas, why write a novel to convey it?

Taste is subjective. Just because a load of citation circlejerk academia turboplebs or corporate profit seeking publishers say otherwise, it doesn't mean I care about the set of criteria they deem to be the objective criteria.

It's fine to give up on books at any time, even before. I feel dirty for reading books that were written for money even (and I'm not a lefty) and I think it's acceptable to skip those. Not that I do, I'm only illustrating that prejudices are perfectly fine, even ones such as that
>>
>>9738309
You are almost certainly a faggot or even worse a closeted one. Fuck off
>>
>>9738191
You must be a woman.
>>
File: 1473815127221.jpg (108KB, 600x681px) Image search: [Google]
1473815127221.jpg
108KB, 600x681px
>>9738114
You can't "write on your free time" while working on STEM like the greedy burgers here say every other thread. Art demands commitment, you're never gonna make it playing safe, you untermensch.
>>
>>9738377
The best day job is something physical that requires little to no mental ability. Grave diggers, construction laborers, etc.
>>
>>9738390
Voltaire said it, if you want a happy, fulfilling life: spend it tending to your garden
>>
Japanese light novels, the kind that get turned into lewd anime, have more literary value than the books of authors who try to write shit with literary value.
>>
>>9738114
David Foster Wallace could have won the Nobel prize if he didn't off himself.
>>
>>9738406
Voltaire was a stupid liberal.
>>
>>9738438
What does this even mean
>>
>>9738240
So like, whats the fucking punchline to that comic strip?
>>
>>9738114
Depends on what you mean by edgy.

I think academia is right about 100% of the time about literature, and I prefer the opinions of academics or well-regarded critics over anything said here on this board.

Literally none of you know what you're talking about, about anything you might be attempting to speak on.

Despite the fact that that's a pretty sensible opinion to hold, you butthurt queers lose your mind anytime someone insists there's authority that exists outside of your head canon.
>>
>>9738120
Philosophy Isn't a joke, It's a monument to cognitive dissonance, at its best it's a grotesque frankenscience that warps pseudo-reality to fit its own narrative.
>>
>>9738120
second post best post
>>
>>9738114
I can tell you what I hate about this board.
When people use "philosophy" meaning philosophical works with no fiction in it. Like >>9738170 . It says philosophy is a waste of time because most "ideas" in it can be found in works of fiction. Well guess what, those ideas ARE philosophy too, you dunce. Or here >>9738191
including "Philosophy" as a thing in the list.
Do you think Philosophy is just writers that write exclusively non-fiction about their ideas? You don't know what the fucking word means.
>>
>>9738548
or maybe you're splitting hairs and making assumptions
>>
>>9738554
Explain how.
>>
this board is, in fact, absolutely terrible and no one here seems to actually know anything about literary analysis. most discussion here boils down to "i like the book so its good" or "i dont like the book so its bad"
>>
>>9738114

Literature is for people who are disconnected from real life.
>>
>>9738527
the 'girl' used to be a boy
>>
>>9738438
I think you must be retarded if you believe a light novel is more literary than War & Peace, you cunt.
>>
>>9738560
whose to say what they meant by those brief words. It's not like they really elaborated
>>
>>9738580
He says Philosophy is a waste and then goes on to defend fictional works which include that Philosophy as if they are not part of it because he is using the word wrong. He is literally wrong. I then went on to word that in my post.
>>
File: 1498136771885.jpg (28KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1498136771885.jpg
28KB, 469x469px
MOTHERFUCKER HOW ABOUT STOP POSTING SHIT MEMES AND SHITTIER SHITPOSTS AND READ A FUCKING BOOK ONCE IN A FUCKING WHILE OR FUCK OFF BACK TO YOUR SHITPOST CENTRAL CONTAINMENT THREADS ON /TV/ OR /V/ AND ACTUALLY LEAVE THE BOARD ABOUT LITERATURE TO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO READ A FUCKING BOOK, I SWEAR TO GOD IF I MET ONE OF YOU SHITPOSTING CUNTS IRL I WOULD FUCKING KNOCK YOUR HARRY POTTER CUNT GLASSES FROM YOUR FACE AND PUNCTURE ONE OF YOUR FUCKING GAY EYES GO FUCK YOURSELF I BET YOU DONT EVEN OWN A COPY OF RASHOMON BECAUSE YOU READ SO LITTLE IF ANYTHING AT ALL FUCKING CUNTS LITERALLy SCREAMING REEEEEE RIGHT NOW
>>
Any story can be made better with a sweaty fuck scene.
>>
>>9738584
Whose to say what he meant by 'philosophy is a waste",he may have been referring to philosophical treatises and whatnot
you wouldn't know. You just picked the word up and threw a fit.
>>
>>9738584
you sound autistic and in need of basic social awareness, senpai

it's ok we've all been there, it will get better
>>
>>9738595
It seems inappropriate if the brothers in Death of a Salesman fucked.
>>
>>9738601
How would he have meant anything else when by mentioning the works of fiction he does as alright he excludes them? He says you don't need to read philosophical authors because fiction can provide that for you. It's obvious then that by Philosophy he means non-fictional works.
>>9738608
Ad hominem.
>>
>>9738114
Reading philosophy is for people who can't think about things without an outside opinion, and it serves no purpose. That's right, I said it. Philosophy is masturbation. Instead, observe the people around you and read psychology. Fuck philosophy, and fuck you. Fuck everybody.
>>
>>9738114
The Greeks are actually complete shit and if i really would've started with them like you fags suggested i would probably have abandoned literature a long time ago
>>
>>9738626
>it is wrong to have outside opinions to clear on or build on with your own experiences
Might as well not ask other people fucking questions.
>>
I will never read Alice In Wonderland because that shit is ruined for me by Tim Burton fans, fat girls and lel so randum retards.
>>
File: thicc.jpg (37KB, 402x370px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.jpg
37KB, 402x370px
Tried reading Infinite Jest three times now and I can't get past the first ten pages because of how repetitive and autistically specific the prose is. Doubt I'll ever finish it because of this.
>>
>contrarian views on literature
You should only read a book if you want to
>>
>>9738114
If an author's opinion on a subject in not absolutely nihilistic and he believes anything to have an inherent value to it, I will disregard it. It is fine to have characters like that, as people like that do exist, it's just the author's views that he reflects on the work that I'm talking about.
>>
>>9738654
Well then I'll never read.
>>
>>9738642
iktf

see also: edgar alan poe, the brothers grimm, sherlock holmes, etc. luckily though those types don't venture much outside of these writers and YA fiction so my Kafka should be safe for another 5 years or so.
>>
>>9738640
there's a difference between outside opinions and meandering, philosophical vomit.

You know how I "philosophize?" I think about things. I think about what people say and why they say that and what emotions are behind that, I talk to people, I look for patterns in what people write and what they did. I think- what's a reason why?

Philosophy is just that, except being a self important fuck. Do you think I haven't already explored all the famous philosophical standpoints of famous philosophers? Of course I have. It's not HARD. It's baby shit. CHILDREN ask these questions. I can't respect people who have to READ about things to have ideas about them, jesus fucking christ. Thought is an inherently human trait. Just- fucking do it!

Stop using outdated people as a crutch to lord over other people. Everybody fucking does it, everybody thinks. And they ARE outdated.
>>
>>9738683
>You know how I "philosophize?" I think about things. I think about what people say and why they say that and what emotions are behind that, I talk to people, I look for patterns in what people write and what they did. I think- what's a reason why?
Yes most people do that.
>Philosophy is just that, except being a self important fuck.
But what you just said you do is literally Philosohpy. You even said you are philosophizing.
>>
darren i know you're on here so if you see this stop posting infinite jest memes on facebook, nobody thinks you're funny and nobody thinks you're smart you fuckin pseud and stop bringing it up in conversation too fucks sake
>>
Calling someone a "pseud" is not proper criticism.
>>
>>9738691
>But what you just said you do is literally Philosophy.
Yeah. But I'm not spending hours of my life reading 500 year old assholes rehashing basic thoughts and then telling everyone I'm so smart for doing so.

Maybe I wasn't clear: I'm making a distinction between "philosophy" in the academic sense and "philosophy" in the general, thinking about things sense.

There's also a difference between reading philosophers because you're interested in how they thought and reading philosophers because they're so smart and have new ideas.

People talking about kierkegaard and Kant and Nietzsche pisses me off. Not because they're famous philosophers, but because people seem to use them as crutches.
>"Nietzsche thought that, so it's smart and I'm smart for reading Nietzsche"
Philosophy is the act of thinking. There's a difference between "reading philosophy" and "reading how to think"

Maybe I'm not making sense, but it's something that really pisses me off.

I think understanding people is the most important thing a human can do, because everything we are as a species stems from that. Understand a person good enough, and you can circumvent arguments and tragedy. But that knowledge comes from talking to people, interacting with people, fighting with people- it's an active endeavor, and it takes your whole life to do. It takes listening to people you really do not agree with and watching people you hate. It takes effort and dedication and no one will ever figure it out.

But philosophy? Philosophy (in the academic sense) is the opposite of that. It's the antithesis of everything I believe in. It's reading what a bunch of people wrote hundreds of years ago and taking their word as gospel. It's saying, this guy said something smart, so he knows what he's talking about, so I'll believe that and won't put any more thought into it, because he's right and I'm smart because I read it and understand it.

I'm sorry. I'm just... really passionate about this and I try really hard. And then I come to /lit/ and there are snobbery threads and /pol/ fucking everywhere.

tl;dr: people watching is more philosophical than reading philosophy.
>>
>>9738120
Philosophy is the thinking man's game. Go mix some cement pleb.
>>
File: 20160607_103736.jpg (514KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160607_103736.jpg
514KB, 2048x1152px
Truth is subjective but I value statistics over rhetoric. Also don't believe in god.

The most favored books by academics are merely those that are hard to read or reference old works scarcely anyone cares about anymore.

The non literature mediums are plagued by people who desperately want literary fiction but are afraid to actually read it and shit up every other medium with misguided, mismatching opinions.
>>
american lit > english lit
>>
>>9738732
I was going to critique you, but then half way through I decided it was a waste of time. You are unironically retarded. This isn't a lazy cop out response. This is the truth.
>>
>>9738128
>>
What's left? You've blocked out 90% of this fucking shit board
>>
>>9738732
Well I think I understanding what you say you dislike now, but it's something so specific I don't think I've ever come accross people like it.
>>
>>9738800
Yeah you can make out he has zero experience with academic philosophy.

But then my department is very analytical so I might have a different experience.
>>
>>9738859
Isn't France basically the only country left where departments aren't 90% analytical?
>>
Same guy as above

>>9738800
>It's reading what a bunch of people wrote hundreds of years ago and taking their word as gospel. It's saying, this guy said something smart, so he knows what he's talking about, so I'll believe that and won't put any more thought into it, because he's right and I'm smart because I read it and understand it.

Who the actual fuck does this? What kind of an academic would approach philosophy like this? I think you've been speaking to too many pseuds.

We are speaking about /lit/ though so alright, I'll try to leave professional academics out of it. Your post itself seems to target philosophy generally as a discipline as opposed to philosophy as it is approached by your average /lit/izen but I'll assume we're just talking about the latter now.

Alright, so even if you're not an academic and reading philosophy as a hobby (as someone on this board would) I'd STILL say taking anything as gospel in philosophy is completely antithetical to the entire point of philosophy. This is true in my entire circle of friends, in which I'm including not only those who aren't philosophers but also those who aren't academics at all.
>>
>>9738865
You have a good point, on second thought (see above) I guess that guy has more experience with very casual hobbyists as opposed to academics, or people with a formal education in philosophy, or people who take philosophy more seriously, basically anyone for whom philosophy has more relevance as a verb than a noun.

I'm thinking of the kind of people that quote Aristotle and Nietzsche on Facebook and think that in itself makes what they say hold more weight?

Only way I can make sense if what he's saying because having the kind of approach that guy seems to think people have entails a lot of ad hominem.
>>
>>9738890
I've noticed when people on /lit/ talk about philosophy they really mean cultural studies/critical social theory.
>>
>>9738614
Your opinion is shit.
>>
>>9738911
Don't you guys discuss "philosophy" as in "what people in my university's department of philosophy teach" though?

I remember I used /lit/ to stir up some discussions on Kant's prolegomena and it worked out alright a couple years ago. Place is utter shit for analytical Phil but people used to be decently read on philosophers more firmly established on the philosophical canon.
>>
File: Face-You-Make-Robert-Downey-Jr.jpg (17KB, 460x523px) Image search: [Google]
Face-You-Make-Robert-Downey-Jr.jpg
17KB, 460x523px
>It's another "Brainlets complain because they can't into philosophy" episode
>>
>>9739140
We had a good series of threads that were based around Nick Land and Moldbug but delved into Deleuze, Negarestani, etc. but they made /leftypol/ very nervous and got invaded to death.
>>
>>9739183
A faggot in this thread literally filters out the words "nihilism" and "Nietzsche".
>>
philosophy is a dumping ground for people who couldn't into science/math or art. literature is a dumping ground people who couldn't into poetry or music
>>
>>9739231
>People confused by FUCKING NIETZSCHE
Out of all the hard to get philosophers such as Hegel or Heidegger (and hard is even exaggerated) someone is confused by the most entry level philosopher of all times
>>
>>9739281
But all of those things have Philosophy in them.
I guess >>9738911 is right.
>>
>>9739300
>Hegel and Heidegger not hard
>Academics debate them literally ever since they were published
>different interpretations everywhere
puh I'm glad people on an anime forum have totaly figuered them out
I bet you are one of these people that think Nietzsche is entry level while thinking he is a nihilist
>>
>>9738114
You can write well with minimal reading outside a few books on literary structuralism and the creative process.
>>
>>9739281
You really gotta bone up on your category placement. You're embarrassing in three ways.
>>
>>9739410
>projecting this hard
>>
>>9738239
>being so easily [TRIGGERED] you have to filter out reality
They weren't kidding about >>/pol/ needing safe-spaces worse than >>/lgbt/
>>
>>9738128
>>filtered liberals
>>didn't filter republicans or cuck

Found the cuck, also I like the constant name dropping in the Iliad, except for book two.
>>
>>9738114

Russians are overrated
>>
>>9738538
>I think academia is right about 100% of the time about literature

But academia spends 90% of it's time arguing against itself...
>>
>>9738653
First chapter is the only thing good about it anyway.
>>
>>9738120
>nothing better to do
>better
>unconsciously having value judgements dictate the worth of things around you and having them speak through you

Of course ur an idiot
>>
>>9738114
With every book you read your mind and thoughts and personality become less unique and original and more consolidation of institutional powers ("gleichschaltung" in the language that has all the best words). Congratulations on getting one step deeper into the hive mind.
>>
File: ug.png (95KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
ug.png
95KB, 235x214px
>>9738120
this
>>
>>9739529
>/pol/ not filtering zizek
>>
>>9739531
i'll add to my filters
>>
>>9739933
Add "literature" while you're at it.
>>
>>9738114
Joyce scholarship is the tale of the emperors new clothes

>>9738120
this, reality is what it is
>>
File: itstime.jpg (171KB, 632x864px) Image search: [Google]
itstime.jpg
171KB, 632x864px
>>9738128
>>
Camus' style of writing fucking sucks
>>
>>9738120
this
>>
File: dow.jpg (51KB, 413x478px) Image search: [Google]
dow.jpg
51KB, 413x478px
>>9738731
Careful now, all of politics or critique in this day and age is solely based on whether the individual is a pseud, cuck, liberal or SJW.
>>
>>9740081
>slam poetry
Literal fucking cancer. I hate to classify it that way, because it has potential, but I have yet to see ANY of that potential realized. It's great as a form of therapy, but terrible as poetry and EVEN WORSE as performance art.
>>
>>9738769
>truth is subjective

how so? I'm interested in seeing what shapes this view
>>
File: Temp.png (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Temp.png
68KB, 300x300px
>>9738114
Woman suck at any form of art.
>>
>>9738114
Blood Meridian is just a Zane Grey pastiche typed while shitting on the toilet.
>>
>>9740183
A march occurs. This is a fact.

One person sees it as a women's right march
Another sees it as a pro-baby killing rally

Both truth
>>
>>9738128
Filters a\re just safe spaces for 4chan.
>>
>>9740243
>I've only been here since 2016!

Seeing the same shit year after year is tiresome.
>>
>>9740075
To say "reality is what it is" implies you know what is real in the first place.
>>
The Wasteland by T.S. Eliot sucks.

Except the part where he says "I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
>>
>>9738114
The Witcher books are great dark fantasy novels.
>>
>>9738114
Not liking popular books just because they are popular is pure autism.
>>
>>9738114
All modernist poetry is total, degenerate trash. That includes Eliot, Pound, Pessoa, WCW, Neruda, Plath etc. etc.. It's all ugly, offensively ugly and unnatural. I despise it all. It all reads as if in 1918 young poets started hating beauty.
>>
>>9738128
>being this sheltered on 4chan
wew lad
>>
>>9739183
This. They probably attempted something basic and gave up.
>>
>>9740774

WHOA NOW, you can't just say that on /lit/ anon, how else will you fit in!?
>>
>>9740850
rely maks yo think . . . .
>>
>>9740928
How am I wrong?
>>
File: angry bishop reaction.png (514KB, 402x562px) Image search: [Google]
angry bishop reaction.png
514KB, 402x562px
>>9738240
Those ffing comics from this one trannie are so depressing, and they're only valuable in a thread dedicated to ripping them apart so at least we can laugh a bit.
>>
>>9740081
Oh yeah, forgot "leave this board", "critique", "redpill", "brainlet", "slam poetry" filters

Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>9738114
if a lion could speak i could understand it
>>
>>9738114
shakespeare is the best example of post colonialism invading on culture, especially in the usa. schools need to stop teaching shakespeare
>>
File: ded.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ded.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>9738114
The Bible is not interesting as literature
>>
>>9738120
im done with /lit/
>>
>>9738561
its true
or
'I don't understand philosophy so i will say it's stupid'
>>
File: 1405169920464.jpg (15KB, 230x244px) Image search: [Google]
1405169920464.jpg
15KB, 230x244px
>>9738128
>>
Nietzsche and Heidegger are worthless.
That statement is edgier here than in the real world.
>>
Abolition of Man doesn't make any damn sence
>>
>>9739063
hey dude how about go fuck yourself
>>
>>9742458
'Here' is always real.
>>
>>9740081
does anyone even dare bring up slam poetry here without irony?

good list of filters btw except pynchon you fucking cunt
>>
>>9738122
seconded
>>
>>9742427
I give props to anyone that would just outright admit that they just don't understand it. That's a big level of honesty though.
>>
right now my reading of books is fuelled by a need for eros
but soon it will be replaced by a need for agape
>>
>>9738683
Worst post I've read all week
>>
>>9738769
>i don't believe in god
>truth is subjective
but if you did it would be true, right?
>>
>>9738732
Have you read any contemporary philosophy? The whole point is to use older thinking as basis for coherent communication. Without common language that rich tradition gives us it's extremely hard to discuss philosophical questions. I didn't start reading philosophy to feel superior but because ordinary discourse failed in sufficently encagin with these subjects.
>>
>>9738114
Parmenides and Zeno were right.
All philosophy done after them is just a butthurt denial of reality.
>>
>>9738114
Just something to pass the time that's all it is.
you will not get anything new out of it that you already don't know.
>>
>>9742421
>can't handle one single spat of banter
>quits the entire board
Do you need a tissue?
>>
>>9738114

"Real" literature died a slow, painful death beginning in the early 1900s and dying by the 1950s. Genre fiction died in the 80s.
>>
>>9743578

An absolute relativist can simply choose to believe anything and it is no more or less true than any other belief. A true skeptic understands that the scientific method does not produce facts. When you accept both of these statements you will understand why moral relativist secular humanists are literally fucking retarded
>>
>>9740081
>reddit
>>
>>9738192
t. oblivious
>>
Anyone that likes James Joyce is a pretentious moron and most likely a shitty person. Especially if they like Finnegan's Wake.
>>
>>9743982
I don't see how anyone genuinely believes this unless if they are a moron themselves.
>>
>>9743578
If.
>>
>>9744044
I'm incredibly smart (IQ of 130) but I believe it. Joyce was pretty shit.
>>
File: 1480900848820.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1480900848820.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>9738128
>filter-bubble
>>
>>9743578
The only difference is whether truth is a function of the mind or an inherent force floating around somewhere. It's not like I don't have beliefs or think that others can't be wrong, I just don't pretend truth is a cosmic force like some bible thumper.
>>
File: 1497240672681.png (31KB, 184x173px) Image search: [Google]
1497240672681.png
31KB, 184x173px
>>9738289
>>
>>9738128
noice
>>
>>9738114
The beat poets and everyone after are shit. Prose poetry is worse than shit.
>>
>>9738114
DFW is a real fucking pussy when it comes to lobsters.
>>
>>9738114
women can't actually into critical thinking
they just act like they can
>>
>>9738114
I'll post same as last thread, I automatically think lesser anyone who favours Dostoyevsky over Tolstoy.
>>
>>9738548
philosophy = vague as fuck concept that you can phrase and fit to various things in a number of ways
philosophy = body of works considered to be philosophical
they were referring to the latter definition
>>
>>9738377
you can literally casually write in your spare time, even if you're virtually a slave, stop romanticising and self-limiting
>>
>>9744948

Like 99.9% can't. But if you think 100% can't you are an actual pleb and not worth listening to.
>>
File: 1486957227031.jpg (30KB, 614x383px) Image search: [Google]
1486957227031.jpg
30KB, 614x383px
>>9738114
books are finished. video games are peak of artistic expression.
>>
>>9745507
anon here, I agree with 99.9%
>>
>>9738672
Breaking Bad had a meme episode about the word "Kafkaesque." If that didn't break ol' Franz into the mainstream, you should be safe
>>
>>9739585
I agree with this, and with listening to music. I'm just becoming and amalgam of Harold Bloom and Piero Scaruffi, the more media I consume
>>
>>9744122
Have you tried reading FW aloud? It's very fun
>>
>>9744536
>Prose poetry is worse than shit.
Read Three Poems by Ashbury
>>
>>9738114
The novel went out with the atom bomb. 99% of postmodern "novels" are shite that used a rigid form in a changing age. Pynchon and DeLillo wrote shitty indie movies with half assed political implications.

Vonnegut is patrician.
>>
>>9738169
I think we could be friends, Anon.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.