[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite piece of writing about America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What's your favorite piece of writing about America? Any genre is welcome.
>>
>>9737132
the 9/11 report
>>
>>9737132
The Secret Destiny of America by Manly P. Hall, America's Assignment with Destiny by Hall, The Secret Destiny of America, The Secret American Destiny by Nicholas Hagger, and The Secret Founding of America by Hagger
>>
>>9737256
/thread
>>
>>9737132

“We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world - a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us.. No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we’ll kill you.

“Well, shit on that dumbness. George W. Bush does not speak for me or my son or my mother or my friends or the people I respect in this world. We didn’t vote for these cheap, greedy little killers who speak for America today - and we will not vote for them again in 2002. Or 2004. Or ever.

“Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads? Who among us can be happy and proud of having all this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking half-wits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid little rich kids like George Bush? They are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill “gooks”. They speak for all that is cruel and stupid and vicious in the American character. They are racists and hate mongers among us - they are the Ku Klux Klan. I piss down the throats of these Nazis. And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. Fuck them.”
– Hunter S. Thompson
>>
>>9737340
No fan of GW but wow, what a vile, disgusting old man.
>>
>>9737345
He's not necessarily wrong. His only mistake is seeing Bush as an aberration. America has always had a rot at its heart.
>>
>>9737345
HST was right
>>
That brief paragraph in La Fiesta del Chivo where Llosa talks about the violent deaths of venezuelan presidents
>>
>>9737352
>>9737354
You can see his post modern view of the world through his vulgarity. Why does he think the world would be better off with his type of ideology? I'm all for stopping the imperialism associated with neo-cons like GWB but why should we replace it with the garbage liberalism of people like HST?
>>
File: IMG_1898.jpg (26KB, 331x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1898.jpg
26KB, 331x500px
>>9737132
Baudrillard
>>
>>9737360
Like I said here >>9737352 , his mistake is assuming that there is some innate virtue to America that GWB and his supporters are corrupting. The harder, but perhaps more correct view, is that the streak of "cheap, greedy little killers" is simply the core of the American character. Think about it. Slavery, the eradication of the Native Americans, Jim Crow, segregation, police brutality, monopolistic capitalism, the Mexican-American War, the occupation of the Phillippines--you can go on and on. What becomes clear, with a sober study of American history, is that the "good" aspects of America, which HST is clearly a fan of, aren't the rule, they're the exception. The "nation of bullies and bastards" is the rule.
>>
>>9737345
Hunter Thompson lived through the Vietnam War, the discovery of COINTELPRO, the Nixon scandal, and the Iran-Contra scandal. I think you can understand why he reacted in such a way to GWB. Sure, you can fault Thompson for being soft on the Clintons and other Dem types. But he was old by then, his original perceptiveness dulled.
>>
I think my favorite bit of Americana writing is probably A&P by Updike. Just something about the doldrums of almost-leisure class life gets to me.
>>
>>9737340
Based Thompson right again with the truthpill
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.