[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

J.D. Salinger ruined my reputation. >Be me, twenty something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

J.D. Salinger ruined my reputation.

>Be me, twenty something lawfag.
>Get new law firm job.
>Talking books with a partner, when she asks for a recommendation.
>Well well, I finished J.D. Salinger's nine stories on the train this morning. You can borrow my copy.
>"Wow, anon. Thanks!"
>Go home and realized I heavily annotated 'A Perfect Day for Bananfish.'
>Each time Seymour confronts lost youth, lost innocence, I wrote "YES."
>Each time Seymour confronts lost youth, lost innocence, it is vaguely Paedophilic, esp. when he kisses the little girl's foot. When that happened, I wrote "YES!!!" and starred the page.
>Partner returns the book a few weeks later. She stares at me squinting.
>"Some interesting notes in their Anon. Want to talk about it?"
>I'm blood red, she thinks I'm a pedo.
>"N-n-no, it's not wh-wh-what it looks like."
>She raised an eyebrow in disdain and walked away.
>mfw when she hardly speaks to me at all anymore
>mfw J.D. Salinger ruined my reputation.
>>
File: IMG_1422.jpg (46KB, 440x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1422.jpg
46KB, 440x386px
>>9735813
>Each time Seymour confronts lost youth, lost innocence, I wrote "YES."
>>
>>9735813

why are lawfags so universally lulzy
it's like the worst shit always happens to them and it's always funny as fuck
>>
>anotating books

>>9735832
we work in the worlds worst industry
>>
>>9735846
We do. Have you thought about quitting Anon? Why haven't you?

I hate my life more and more every day, regardless of my pedo status.
>>
>>9735813
So, why did you write yes then?
>>
>>9735854
Youth evades Seymour
>>
>>9735850
I have. Happiest I've been since.

And, of course, poorer.
>>
>>9735859
Can you help me? What did you do/switch to?

I am dying to get out but I don't know where to go or what to do.
>>
>>9735859
I can't help you. You have to reach your moment of clarity for yourself. Friends sometimes tell I was brave for doing it but it's not breavery when you really don't have a choice - I would either abandon my dreams and objectives and keep doing something I hated, or I would leave the law world.

What I hated the most, though, was being forced to be a lawyer - serious and restrained, when I'm not like that at all.

Look, when you fell you've had enough, something will trigger you to leave. In the meantime, it helps having a plan, like I had, to put into action afterwards.

And best of luck, of course.
>>
>>9735881
meant to reply to >>9735863
>>
>>9735891
No worries. My only question is, how old were you when you made the jump? Or if you don't want to answer that, how many years had you practiced?
>>
>>9735813
way to google thousand yard stare kid
>>
>>9735954
I left when I was 28. I'm 30 now. I wasn't a very good lawyer because I hated the people and the lifestyle associated with the law world, so I ended up not putting all the effort I could into my work. The same probably happens to you, in one way or another.
>>
>>9736014
It does, absolutely. Though I'm an associate and my work is sort of tertiary to the final product.

I am working on becoming a teacher.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.