[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about Dan Harmons circle for writing story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

What do you guys think about Dan Harmons circle for writing story plot?

Does it only work for something in episodic form?
>>
File: 1406564448932.jpg (49KB, 655x560px) Image search: [Google]
1406564448932.jpg
49KB, 655x560px
>>9735687
>Dan Harmon
>>
>>9735694
Yeah I know he's a cuck and yada yada, but does the wheel make sense or is there a better story structure format for writing episodic content?
>>
>>9735687
This works for Godzilla
>>
pretty much only episodic yeah, but you can write some books like that so.
>>
>>9735687
He just stole the monomyth and turned it into a banal story-writing device?
>>
How is this any different to Field's Three-act structure?
>>
>>9735687
>writing story plot
I think you just need to unload as many associations as possible onto the reader, and make her pump out those neurotransmitters, until her mind fucking blows just like that
>>
File: 1280px-Freytags_pyramid.svg.png (33KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Freytags_pyramid.svg.png
33KB, 1280x852px
I can't see how this circle-thing would work outside of genre fiction.
>>
Pretty much identical to the protagonist Joseph Campbell's 'Hero with a thousand faces' and J Peterson's 'slay the dragon, bring back the treasure' bit
>>
File: 1-3q4psnShznXMooZKx_OtEQ.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1-3q4psnShznXMooZKx_OtEQ.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
>>9735743
Ex of an episode.

In his explanation he also wrote why the first matrix worked so well, since it was using the story structure of other stuff the two brothers enjoyed, but after that for matrix 2 and 3 they had no such structure or something to base it off and so it was a total mess.
>>
>>9735762
It's not like the second two Matrix movies had hundreds of problems unrelated to the basic narrative. It's not like it is impossible to apply that retarded structure to countless important works of literature.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.