[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly gathering opinions here. How does it make you feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1486796037425.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486796037425.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
Honestly gathering opinions here.
How does it make you feel that there are high schoolers who can't read, yet they receive a diploma?
There were three kids in my graduating class who couldn't read. One admitting he's never finished a book.
Literary privilege is real.
>>
>>9735508
I don't care.
>>
I think in a couple hundred years or so we'll have returned to a sort of medieval situation where only a tiny minority is literate.
>>
>>9735508
My only male friend has only read one book in his life and has a bachelor's degree. He is disgustingly bad at reading and just doesn't know many words in general.
>>
many very successful people are actually very dumb.
Intelligence isn't inherently value. It often makes people unpleasant and useless.
>>
>>9735508
LET'S TURN THIS INTO A THREAD ABOUT AFFIRMATIVE AND REDPILL SHIT WITH INFOGRAPHICS
>>
All of my male friends are iliterate
Most of my female friends read (they read shit though)
>>
>>9736265
me too
>>
>>9735508
Just be glad you have the attention span and the desire to read.
>>
File: 1487399770328.jpg (60KB, 480x563px) Image search: [Google]
1487399770328.jpg
60KB, 480x563px
>>9735537
Corporate feudalism is already establishing itself firmly. Corporations are just mobile, technologically advanced feudal states. The more deregulation, the closer we get to neofeudalism. It sounds cool but it's bloody awful.
>>
>>9737125
when do we get to corporate nationalism?
>>
File: MAGA.png (2MB, 781x1279px) Image search: [Google]
MAGA.png
2MB, 781x1279px
>>9737126
There is no corporate nationalism because corporations are feuding entities. If they band together under nationalism, especially ethno-nationalism, it becomes fascism.
>>
A diploma means literally nothing beyond the fact that you obey like a good peon. That is exactly what the state wants from you. Now you'll go on about your life, work for people that don't give a shit about you beyond how much profit can be made from you, you'll obey the law, you'll have your nice little home an hour's commute from your shitty job, and then you'll die and be forgotten. Maybe you'll get married and your generic boring wife will shit out another human into this shitty capitalist world so that another human repeats the cycle.
>>
>>9737146
I meant more like people voluntarily taking pride in their identity as subjects of Apple or Google
>>
>>9737125
>The more deregulation, the closer we get to neofeudalism.
Except it's the opposite? The medieval society was founded on massive amounts of regulation, right down to the way you dressed. Hang yourself, you ignorant shithead.
>>
>>9737312
This sounds wrong.The state structure for such oppressive regulation didn't exist. The closest you would have gotten was some of the Chinese dynasties but I'd hesitate to classify them as feudal.
>>
>>9737261
p comfy desu
>>
>>9735508
>caring about a high school diploma
>>
>>9737125
except corporations actually rely on regulation to prop themselves up, are you one of those retards that thinks walmart is actually worth billions of dollars?
>>
>>9739165
Well, at the very least it means this person was essentially certified by the government to either go on to higher education, or go out into the world and begin adult life. And the nigga can't even read!
>>
File: 75964197_10[1].jpg (188KB, 1500x773px) Image search: [Google]
75964197_10[1].jpg
188KB, 1500x773px
>>9739181
>certified by the government
theres your problem
>>
>>9737797
Sounds fucking terrifying.
>>
>>9739192
Indeed.
>>
>>9737797

A hellish nightmare of consumerism and sameness
>>
>>9737312
You might not understand what "regulation" is.

What's it like being this retarded? Must be nice, imo.
>>
>>9739763
>oh there are too many things for people to consume now, how will humanity survive this?!?!?
>oh everything's standardized and mass produced, allowing for incredible levels of productivity and wealth, how will humanity survive this?!?!?!
God you fucking retards have the mindset of a helicopter parent except applied to all of humanity. People will just go on living, in sometimes different and sometimes familiar ways, always. What is with you and your neurotic messiah complex? Humanity doesn't need salvation, it finds a way to save itself most of the time in the end.

Transcendental miserabilism, not even once.
>>
>>9739818
Humanity has found a way to survive so far exactly because of that mindset though.
And what about when it doesn't?
>>
>>9739826
>Humanity has found a way to survive so far exactly because of that mindset though.
Helicopter parents are probably harmful to a children's development by not allowing them to make the mistakes that give them maturity and a sense of what their limits are, and anyhow their effectiveness is extremely low - a good portion of personality is more due to heritability than experience, and relationships with their peers and not their parents. You really don't want your children to be completely dependent on you.

>And what about when it doesn't?
Massive top-down political experiments to change human society have been the most singularly massive exponents of destruction in human history, yes.
>>
>>9739848
In english, please.
>>
>>9739854
Have you run out of arguments or what?
>>
>>9735508
>can't talk to any of my friends about books because even though they all have successful jobs, they never read anything
>one friend who does read is too liberal and everything devolves into political discussion
>trying to convince girlfriend to start reading, all she does is watch trash tv
>dad used to read constantly but now plays words with friends for hours every day
>no one at work reads, only want to talk about capeshit movies and bad TV shows
>classmates in MBA class don't read, "literally no time to do anything"
>realize I'm the only person I know that has a full time job and doesn't spend all of their free time watching trash.

Anyone else?
>>
>>9739856
I wasn't arguing with you at all that was my second post in this thread.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.