[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We help each other find stories/books we can't remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1498570553903.png (120KB, 442x269px) Image search: [Google]
1498570553903.png
120KB, 442x269px
Help me out with this one, kind anons. It was a children's book, probably middle-school audience, sort of similar in vibe to David Lubar's Weenies books, Twilight Zone-esque, etcetera. Here were some of the stories:

>A family moves to some sad town. The mother is dying. The whole town seems to be dying. The children find a golf ball or something that was stuck in a hole in the earth, and it is implied that this golf ball that was stuck in there was killing the town. They take it out and things slowly return to life.
>A girl becomes obsessed with the prophecies in fortune cookies, it ends up really messing up her life, at the end of the story she gets crushed or something under an avalanche of them that fall out of a closet.
>The story was written as if it was a chatroom. A bunch of science nerds discussing science stuff, and slowly two of them realize that their universes are colliding. At the end of the story, they are one and the same person.
>The last story: A kid lives on a farm, talks to a butt-ugly girl, she introduces him to her creepy grandmother or whatever, granny starts spouting prophecies about a day in which bats take over the world and plunge it into darkness, the bats arrive, killing everything, the guy is horrified, she plucks out his eyes, he now uses echolocation, falls in love with the girl, and agrees to be part of their new weird bat world.
>>
Bump for the cannon picture.
>>
In middle school we read a book about mice and their adventures through a city and a cheese shop. It was very very warm to read and I would love to revisit the work.
>>
>>9734776
Self bump
>>
>>9735998
another middle school thing. This 100ish page book thats a collection of short stories centered around a community garden. The first chapter is about a little Chinese girl who decides to plant some tomatoes in an empty lot. One character's name is Curtis who i think is an ex convict or something like that. Some guy in a wheelchair and his carer, a teen mom whose program signed her up and other teen moms to help with the garden. Many of the characters reappear in other chapters, and some events overlap from the different perspectives.

It was absolutely essential to my decision to become a writer, and i only realized this after i entered high school. I planned on meeting up with the teacher who taught us it after graduation this year but it never happened.
>>
>>9736501
wait nvm i found it

s'called Seedfolks
>>
>>9736642
nice
>>
>Girl works/lives in a book store
>Boggart lives with her helps her with chores and stuff but can never be seen by her or he has to leave
>Girl clicks a bad link on the internet, ends up setting a pixie loose in the store
>Boggart helps her catch it but in the process reveals himself and has to leave
>At the last minute he suppresses his desire and decides to stay anyway
>>
>>9734776
B u m p
>>
A sci fi noir book set in the far future and everyone lives in a giant dome. The outside world is said to be radioactve but knowone knows. The main character is a detective and I think he lived in an old shack.

I don't remember much but i do remember it gets fucking abstract and weird by the end.
>>
>>9739072
Do you remember around what time it's been published ?

also, there's another book that's certainly inspired this one and the name is caves of steel
>>
File: eagle-624x735.jpg (125KB, 624x735px) Image search: [Google]
eagle-624x735.jpg
125KB, 624x735px
I work in Amazon and came across a book Titled "The Shipmaster" I wrote it down on a piece of paper and looked it up yesterday, when I got home.
I can't find anything related to it and I even looked for it on Amazon. I've seen other books by the author, but I can't remember his name. He writes a lot about the Coast Guard.

>Book takes place on the ship named Eagle
>The ship was built by the Nazis before the U.S took it over and now use it as a training ship
>Spooky ghost shit happens and the protagonist thinks he's going crazy
>The book ends with a female character putting a Nazi pin in her hat and saying speaking to a mirror in German
>>
>>9734776
Too bad that no one's actually getting any answers
>>
>>9739711
It hurts
>>
Maybe a children story I don't know but the plot was this
>some haunted shitwreck or something
>surviving guy takes a piece of the ship out of the ocean (I think it was a mermaid figurehead that may or may not have been modeled after his dead wife)
>ocean itself rises up to take it back
>floods the guy's house and he almost dies because he is a stubborn douche
>in the end he gives the figurehead back to the ocean and metaphorically finds peace with his dead wife
I remember digging the maritime themes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.