[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started to read fiction because I exhausted all of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IQ and jobs.png (853KB, 957x1837px) Image search: [Google]
IQ and jobs.png
853KB, 957x1837px
I just started to read fiction because I exhausted all of the good video games that exist. I've read a bit in high school. I just finished Crime and Punishment and am looking for a shorter novel of around 300 pages as I alternate and finish the rest of Dostoyevsky. Preferably a classic novel.
>>
>>9732446
madame bovary
>>
>>9732453
My IQ is too low for that.
>>
>>9732446
> Preferably a classic novel.
Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol
>>
File: Final%20Fantasy%20II%20(J)[1].png (5KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Final%20Fantasy%20II%20(J)[1].png
5KB, 256x240px
>>9732446
>I exhausted all of the good video games that exist
Have you played the classics?
>>
File: thegambler.jpg (13KB, 180x271px) Image search: [Google]
thegambler.jpg
13KB, 180x271px
>>9732446
why leave Dostoyevsky? just read the gambler, you can do it in one sitting, it's comfy as fuck, and it has the best dosto-girl
>>
read chekhov short stories
>>
>>9732566
What do you think is going to happen? It's a novel with characters and plot not a work by Hegel. Worst case you'll read it and not understand what makes you so great. But still, you'll know what it is about so if you keep reading good books and literary criticism you'll certainly understand after a few years.
>>
>>9733335
I was just kidding.
>>9733177
I have played video games since I was 8 years old, I'm 24 in a week. I've played them all. I don't play games that I think will be mediocre, so I only beat around 400 or so.
>>9733185
Because I don't like over consuming one specific genre.
>>
>>9733371
>Because I don't like over consuming one specific genre.
dostoyevsky is not a genre and it's better to read in depth than going too wide

anyway if you want to decompress from it from some reason with something light and classic there's a million things you can try:

- go with the meme and read socrates apology, it's not 300 pages, it's shorter, and it's not a novel, but it's something you'll have to read at some point so you may as well get with it
- any kafka
- the stranger
- the sorrows of young werther
- heart of darkness
- animal farm
- the old man and the sea
- alice's adventures in wonderland
>>
>>9733408
>go with the meme and read socrates apology
I've read all of Plato except for Parmenides and Timaeus.
>Kafka
I've read The Trial and Metamorphosis
>Animal Farm
Already read it and 1984
>Old Man in the Sea
Read this back in like 9th grade, I thought it was pretty boring but I was in the 9th grade.
>>
>>9733412
And it would seem to me that Dostoevsky is pretty similar. Realist fiction set in mid 1800's Russia with a psychological slant.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.