[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do i need to read to learn about history of society

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1466106918387.jpg (251KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466106918387.jpg
251KB, 1280x720px
what do i need to read to learn about history of society and the civilization?
>>
that women have literally never been better than men at anything, not one single activity or skill, in all of human history, unless it involves their sexuality or biology
>>
liveleak.com top videos
>>
You know this is a huge question right?

Might want to read something like Roberts' "history of the world" and then follow up with a few books narrower in time period/region. Would also be worth reading some history that isn't purely political, so maybe something like Barzun's "dawn to decadence" (a cultural history of the modern West).

There's no way you can study everything so you need to narrow down your eras/regions of preference pretty quickly, at least for your intensive studies; you can touch base with tons of other histories, but simply won't have time to read everything in depth.
>>
>>9732442
Read Tragedy and Hope by Quigley.
>>
>>9732442
Take the redpill on women and minorities and you'll see the truth of white supremacy.
>>
>>9733780
I saw it on green pill chart. Is it legit or tin foil tomfoolery?
>>
File: atlas of world history.jpg (28KB, 252x346px) Image search: [Google]
atlas of world history.jpg
28KB, 252x346px
>>9732442
If you're a beginner, you should check out Atlas of World History by Patrick O'Brien. I had the Phillip's version, but any should do I think. It was my favorite book when I was little.

It's a solid "textbook" on world history, from prehistory to close to the modern day, around the 1990s. Lots of informative graphs, expositions, etc., lots of coverage about economics and culture, and no region of the world goes untouched. It's a solid introduction to somebody who wants to figure out a general sense of "what happened". I used to read books like that nonstop as a kid and I entered high school getting 5s on all of the AP history exams, 800s on the SAT II history exams, without studying or anything. They're great resources.

>>9733845
Quigley is what happens in an alternative timline where Alex Jones were a respected Georgetown professor. It's a good read but only if you're generally educated on history. It makes you think about what may have happened at a deeper level, but it's not substantiated well, and if you're into conspiracy theories, Quigley is what you may call a "limited hangout" at best.
>>
>>9732442
For modern history read Hobsbawm's "Ages".
>>
>>9733859
Good recommendation. Thanks!
>>
File: p46a.jpg (59KB, 1107x337px) Image search: [Google]
p46a.jpg
59KB, 1107x337px
>>9732451
Stop reminding me
>>
>>9732451
but why are they so lovely and cruel
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.