[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think about Barnes&Noble Classics? See pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bnbooks.jpg (64KB, 635x595px) Image search: [Google]
bnbooks.jpg
64KB, 635x595px
What does /lit/ think about Barnes&Noble Classics? See pic related.

>Not those retarded try-hard plastic/leather bound editions but those in pic related.
>>
I avoid buying them because they say Barnes and Noble on the spine. Call me petty but that to me is like having Walmart or a Target logo on the spine.
>>
I love them because they're economical. They're not the most sturdy, but they get the job done. The designs are a bit hideous, though, but you get what you pay for; these aren't for display.
>>
>>9732167
They sell them for $5 at my local branch. That's hard to beat for books that usually run in the $10-$12 range.
>>
>>9732147
I appreciate the extra effort the publishers put in by including annotations and footnotes to the text.
>>
>>9732211
My public library has a bin of these for a buck each.

They're good for getting canonical works out of the way, so that I could have money to save for the more esoteric literature that only some publishers sell.
>>
>>9732165
Are you one of those pseuds that matches the color of the book's cover that he carries in his hand to his French-knotted, cashmere scarf?
>>
>>9732147
I've heard bad things about them on /lit/ but I've personally had nothing but good experiences with them. I own a decent amount and they're all in great shape. Sometimes you'll get a random blotchy spot on page. Either than that, they're great. Especially considering what you pay for.
>>
>>9732281
>French-knotting cashmere scarves
ishygddt
color coordination doesn't even enter the equation, you were already dead in the water
>>
>>9732167

I wouldn't say they're hideous in most cases, but that's obviously an issue in personal taste.

In any event you're totally right about the cost-benefit analysis. They get you the information you need. Additionally they usually have a halfway decent introduction, not to mention footnotes that can be helpful for context. Pretty solid way to read a classic.
>>
>>9732147
They're pretty solidly made for the money. More durable than anything from Penguin. As long as it's in English it's fine. Translated works are iffy.
>>
>>9732147
>Not those retarded try-hard plastic/leather bound editions but those in pic related.
There are those in-between. Hardcovers not in the Leatherbound type that run about $8. I prefer those.
>>
>>9732147
Leatherbound cucks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.