[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Writing a small essay >1 hour later >only 100 words

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: admin_1-asset-5037a6a9acd3d.jpg (21KB, 511x334px) Image search: [Google]
admin_1-asset-5037a6a9acd3d.jpg
21KB, 511x334px
>Writing a small essay
>1 hour later
>only 100 words
>it isnt even good
How do writers manage to write so much?
>>
Something called 'talent', you obviously don't have it.
>>
>>9729928
By using different methods to jump different hurdles, depending on context and circumstance. What's you topic? Maybe some of us can try to help.
>>
you keep going, don't worry about your pace

even 1k a day can get you a book after a month or two
>>
You're supposed to learn this in school, scrub. Maybe not editing it while writing could help you, write the whole text in one go, don't even use the spell checker, just write. Then edit it once you're done.
>>
>>9729928
Alright here's what you do. Get ready for this, because it's going to change your fucking life.

1. Know a 2nd language
(you'd better, because otherwise this isn't going to work)
2. Go on wikipedia to the appropriate page
3. Set the language to the language NOT spoken in the country you're in
4. Translate into the language of the country you're in
5. Fucking Profit.
>>
>>9729928
1. Write a stream of conciousness on the topic (if it's that kind of essay)
2. Take a break
3. Read through the stream and pick out the good/interesting ideas
4. Plan the essay structure-wise
5. Write the entire essay following the structure and using the ideas from te stream of conciousness
6. Edit the essay
7. Go through several cycles of re-writing/filling in and editing until you're pretty happy and at the right word count
8. (Optional) Get feedback from someone trustworthy
9. Finish final draft
>>
>>9729976
Holy fuck. Other people know about my method? Fuck you.
>>
File: 14-1408006639-hiiaa.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
14-1408006639-hiiaa.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
>>9730159
Ayyyyy!
>>
>>9729929
This
The "hard work will make you better" meme only exists to make capitalism seem fair
>>
Wow /lit/ is absolutely terrible at writing essays. Don't listen to any of the people in this thread.
>>
>>9730200
so what should I do instead?
>>
>>9729928
Well, you're probably thinking about it the wrong way. Writing well is like running. You're not going to be able to wake up one morning an run a marathon; you have to work up to it, practicing diligently everyday. I think that a common misconception about this is that people feel that everything they write has to be "good" or have "literary merit". Just write everyday. Don't focus on diction, style, voice, grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc, just write. Writing as a habit really helps when you want to get comfortable with the actual practice itself. Once you're comfortable with the physical act of writing as thinking, then you can really start to experiment with writing as art. Also, most importantly, you just have to remind yourself of this everyday:
>I'm writer
>>
>tfw 150 word essay due in 4 months
what do, /lit/?
>>
>>9730281
procrastinate until an hour before class and shit out a first draft without even reading through it once
>>
>>9729928
What are you writing about? Actually caring and having knowledge about the topic helps a lot.
Writing should be a passion, not a chore.
>>
>>9730351
Aka every essay for school I've ever written
>>
File: 1499052750852.jpg (81KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499052750852.jpg
81KB, 960x720px
>>9729928
former pro writer here. By this I mean I made $80 in about 20 minutes quite routinely spouting out a 3 pager, which fits the bill of what you have to do.

If you don't know how to get going, you haven't done enough research. How long is the word count requirement for your work here? 1000 words? In this case, split it up into 5 200 word segments. These are your paragraphs. Outline what they are gonna be -- you have a beginning, an end, and wow 3 middle sections.

Then, amass your sources.

Use voice dictation software. With practice you can pace around and dictate something that needs only a little cleaning up. Use "open parentheses, source one, close parentheses" and then plug in your sources when you are cleaning it up. Add a title page.

Can't do dictation? Keep going until you 'get it.' Biggest force multiplier I found. Only issue is that you have to know what you're talking about.

Don't know that? For each of your example 5 sections, write, oh, 2 things. or more. There you go!
>>
can someone explain proprioxeptive writing to me? my professor is asking me to do it but it sounds so retarded and I don't understand.
>>
>>9730770
As I understand it (poorly, no doubt), proprioceptive writing is basically focused diary writing. Specifically with the aim of working through a writing block or similar personal issue.
You essentially shit out a stream of your own thoughts in the hopes that some of it is inspirational or addresses your personal issues in a satisfactory manner.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.