/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prufrock is one of my favorite poems ever, but I seriously have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: waste-land-eliot.jpg (16KB, 324x460px) Image search: [Google]
waste-land-eliot.jpg
16KB, 324x460px
Prufrock is one of my favorite poems ever, but I seriously have no clue what this is about. Please help me /lit/.
>>
http://www.shmoop.com/love-song-alfred-prufrock/summary.html

Just did your HW for you

But seriously it is one of your favorite poems and you've extracted no meaning? Why then is it one of your favorite poems?
>>
>>9727911
Sterility. Grail myths. Regeneration. Just read the Wikipedia article. A lot of it is stolen from The Golden Bough and his wife was nuts and he didn't like listening to London chavs in pubs
>>
>>9727932
This as in the picture in the OP, the Waste Land; which, by the way, sucks, and Eliot is overrated too. The Waste Land is probably the worst and most turgid and overrated of all his poems.
>>
>>9727932
I was talking about the wasteland. I've read and enjoyed poems of Eliot in the past but I feel the wasteland is still way over my head.
>>
It's about World War 1, right? Just like everything else published in the interwar period that's worth thinking about?
>>
Modernity is a disaster
>>
>>9727937
>Eliot is overrated
You! hypocrite lecteur! - mon semblable, - mon frère!
>>
http://genius.it/www.bartleby.com/201/1.html

this is a good primer actually
>>
>>9727937
Eliot would be nothing without Pound pushing and promoting him.
>>
>>9729421
By that logic, Four Quartets is nothing, because Pound did not push and promote Eliot at that time, which is absurd. Agree that Pound was the true father of modernism, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.