[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think the ending of the Castle, I.E. that mid-sentence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 5608250-3x2-700x467.jpg (61KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
5608250-3x2-700x467.jpg
61KB, 700x467px
Do you guys think the ending of the Castle, I.E. that mid-sentence cutoff, adds to the book or is a detriment? I feel that the ending is perfect in the way it suggests the neverendingness of K.'s struggle. Thoughts?
>>
It was unfinished and retards like you look for deeper meaning.
>>
>>9726155
Nigga were just saying that its a perfectly good book even in its unfinished state. Its a testament to Kafka's extreme talent that an unfinished book of his can still have meaning.
>>
>>9726166
retard
>>
The book was literally incomplete. You'd have to be a Barthsian idiot to think that its lack of a conclusion adds anything to it.
>>
>>9726173
I just like Kafka
>>
>>9726129

Do you think one of the officials is the father of the two retarded twins K seeks help from? Would be an interesting juxtaposition.
>>
>>9726183
You mean the assistants right? It would make sense, but don't forget that they only acted retarded because their official instruction when assigned to K. was to act that way.
>>
>>9726215

Klam was his name, it's all coming back to me. I think the novel has a lot more interesting aspects to analyze but people just seem to focus on the mid sentence ending.
>>
>>9726250
The Castle really doesn't get the credit it deserves. Its great despite the ending, whether you like it (the ending) or not.
>>
>>9726250
You shouldn't read anything of Kafka past the Metamorphosis until you've versed yourself in Gnosticism or you wont get the entire meaning. Not even close.
>>
File: deleuze.png (224KB, 1026x1134px) Image search: [Google]
deleuze.png
224KB, 1026x1134px
>>9726129
Kafkas work, as a whole, is rhizomatic - many beautiful roots, some shorter, some longer, that cannot have a concret ending but just always new branches

so ye doesn't bother me that it has no ending, I think originally Kafka even intenden to not end the process, as well because it would undermine K.'s endless struggle
>>
I see you point, but I don't think that the sentence was ambiguous enough for that kind of abrupt ending.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.