[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never read a book twice until now. I usually get bored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I've never read a book twice until now. I usually get bored somewhere in the middle but this one I couldn't put down.

After finishing book six earlier this year I decided to read the first book just so read about Kellhus' origin again. Only wanted to read the first couple of chapters and realised that the lack of knowledge of the Dunyain regarding magic was already mentioned. the thousand thousand halls were also mentioned right in the beginning lol. also I didn't know how much doubt and difficulty Kellhus had in the beginning, while in the second trilogy he is basically god.

but man this story is so fucking good. the whole build up, the in depth characters, the fascinating relationships, the insights. especially Cnaiür has to be one of the best written characters. I've started book 2 again. will also probably read book 3 but not the others since they fall off in quality imo. it gets stretched too much while the first 3 books are very tight.

is this one of the most underrated fantasy stories?
>>
Speaking of which, the final book just dropped. Holy shit.

also is this accurate?

tekne>aporos>metagnosis>gnosis>daimos>psûkhe>anagogis
>>
Should have posted this in /sffg/, nobody in outer /lit/ will care. I once read the opening to the first book and thought that it was okay but I could see the series becoming bloated and bogged down in lore so I decided against continuing. Bakker seems to be a moderately respected /sffg/ author, I'd say the series is about reasonably rated. I didn't hate what little I read, but he doesn't seem to be one of the genre's greats either.
>>
>>9724949
The whole existential schtick behind the series is why he stands out. His prose isn't bad but he's no Gene Wolfe. Better than GRRM, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss and Joe Abercrombie combined though.
>>
>>9724964
>Better than GRRM, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss and Joe Abercrombie
I'll pay that, but you really aren't saying much. GRRM had potential but his only really ambitious work is ASoIaF which is dead in the water, Sanderson is an autist who comes up with story ideas by playing with action figures and watching anime, Rothfuss just writes about student debt and women he wishes he could have sex with and I've never read Abercrombie but his books look like edgy hackwork just from their titles.

Fantasy was a mistake.
>>
if tolkien is cannabis and grrm is crack then bakker is dxm
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.