[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm reading David Foster Wallace right now. What other books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I'm reading David Foster Wallace right now. What other books should I read so college cuties majoring in English will think I'm smart and interesting?
>>
Reading dfw wont make girls think you are smart and interesting. Reading Betty Friedman will.
>>
https://electricliterature.com/men-recommend-david-foster-wallace-to-me-7889a9dc6f03
>>
>>9722773
People get very excited if you tell them you're reading War and Peace.
>>
>>9722773
fuck off back to /mu/
>>
>>9722822
War and Peace? I was actually thinking about reading that, thanks man
>>
>>9722773
The writing of David Foster Wallace is cancer.
>>
>>9722797
So she's actually retarded right?
>>
nobody is posting authors
>>
>>9722773
it depends how good the college is.

forget everything the autists have said so far. read sylvia plath, rupi kaur, and probably like emerson and thoreau - jonathan franzen too, my mom likes his books (every author up to that point is based on undergraduate girls' opinions, not my mom). avoid post modernists and men in general
>>
>>9723108
okay, thank you. You're like the only one to post a legit answer
>>
How good is the college? If it's mid-tier or a CC reading Rupi Kaur might work, but if you're at, say a Cornell or even a UCLA English major girls will probably look down on you for reading anything in the John Green zone. Like that other anon said, Sylvia Plath is always a solid choice. I'd add critical theorists (but not extistentialists! Girls will think you're an overly serious fedora tipper) if you're at a school nice enough for the girls to recognize names like Foucault, Deleuze, and --- if you REALLY want to pander --- Judith Butler (you pathetic sycophant).

My actual advice: don't read books to get laid. It doesn't work you fucking nerd. And, even if it did, it's not worth actually reading them; pretending is easy.
>>
>>9722773
Well reading books doesn't make you intrinsically interesting. It's just the icing on the cake if a girl likes you, nobody's gonna blow you because you read This Is Water. But if you have a girl at your place and she notices your bookshelf that could be a jumping off point for a good conversation, and badda bing badda boom
>>
>>9722773
I can't tell you how many times I've fucked because of Plato's Republic. The Socratic method will get you poon.
>>
I Capture The Castle, Dodi Smith.
Specific, tried and tested. Report back when its worked (and it always does). Dont ask me why, it just does.
>>
>>9722773
You're behind the times bud. Read like. Jo Ann Beard and Leslie Thompson if you want girls to get wet for you.
>>
File: 1361652639326.jpg (74KB, 425x487px) Image search: [Google]
1361652639326.jpg
74KB, 425x487px
>>9722773
>>
File: 1361652894545.png (92KB, 425x487px) Image search: [Google]
1361652894545.png
92KB, 425x487px
>>9723983
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.