[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hear a lot of quotes that I like from Goethe >Think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1498936856229.jpg (36KB, 518x564px) Image search: [Google]
1498936856229.jpg
36KB, 518x564px
>Hear a lot of quotes that I like from Goethe
>Think about reading Faust because of it, but don't think I'm smart enough to really appreciate it, so I don't

Has reading that book helped anyone on here?
>>
>>9722491
redpilled guy here, intellectual and not german speaking

in essence it's a decent book, not too great, though. Devil comes and they agree to sell his soul but devil (beezlebob) tells him he'll regret it and so he does. conclusion = christianity is good and you should keep the white race pure
>>
File: Rvjy1Co.jpg (51KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Rvjy1Co.jpg
51KB, 600x900px
>>9722504
>red pilled
>intellectual
>it's about christianity and race

non-bait answer: it's a really rich play that that asks a ton of interesting philosophical questions (also critique of the church) and you should read it. I heard the english translation isn't to bad. And don't worry that you won't get all the ideas it's a fun play even on the surface level
>>
>>9722531
>asks a ton of interesting philosophical questions
Name 5 of them, libcuck
>>
>>9722491
read the david luke translation with footnotes

if you dont get it get the norton critical editions, skip the actual text and rad the commentary/analysis
>>
File: J.W.G.jpg (7KB, 109x179px) Image search: [Google]
J.W.G.jpg
7KB, 109x179px
>>9722504
>“National hatred is something peculiar. You will always find it strongest and most violent where there is the lowest degree of culture.”

>He who possesses art and science has religion; he who does not possess them, needs religion.

JWG
>>
>>9722531
It asks those questions, but does it give a good answer?
>>
>>9722541
what's the function of theatre?
what's a fullfilled life?
can we even ever be fullfilled/happy?
hedonism vs. knowledge/truth
can we ever know the truth or are we for ever condemned to scratch on the surface?
Who suffers when "make the pact with the devil"? us or those close to us?
what's the nature of ethics/religion?
is reiligion neccessary to be good (even though the church is corrupt)`?
What's the nature of evil?
is evil necessary for good to exist?
what`s the nature of love?
do we have free will?
should we ever take in stray dogs?

>>9722563
doesn't give concret answers, if so only really subtle (it's a really subtle work in general) but gives you interesting ways to think about it
>>
>>9722491
it is fairly simple, no worries.

One of, if not, the greatest climax of any book i've read besides The Recognitions, at the end ofmthe first act.
>>
So? Read it again later in life you div.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.