[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ulysses earned more votes than Moby Dick. >Lolita earned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2211.jpg (3MB, 1820x4352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2211.jpg
3MB, 1820x4352px
>Ulysses earned more votes than Moby Dick.

>Lolita earned more votes than the fucking Bible.

>War and Peace surpassed by The Stranger and The Trial.

>The Republic, King Lear, and Grapes of Wrath all couldn't even make 10 votes.

>4 Joyce offerings, more than any other author on the list.

This board is a joke.
>>
File: hZpF7Cz.jpg (1MB, 1500x3500px) Image search: [Google]
hZpF7Cz.jpg
1MB, 1500x3500px
>>9721630
That's the wrong list. But you're right. The list isn't perfect, but it gives you a vague idea of which books are the best of the best.
>>
>>9721630
>Grapes of Propaganda
>worth a fuck
>>
>>9721647

>Finnegan's babble

>worth a fuck
>>
>>9721630
>Infinite Jest
>Number 3
Stopped reading
>>
>>9721666
>le I haven't read infinite jest xD
Kys fampai.
>>
>>9721643
No, the pic you posted is the discord fake
>>
>>9721674
You don't understand. Seeing it as number 3, which is higher The Divine Comedy, higher than Don Quixote, higher Shakespeare, higher than the motherfucking Bible, has made me literally, LITERALLY stopped myself from reading anymore literature from now on.
>>
>>9721630
>Ulysses earned more votes than Moby Dick.
what's wrong with that?
>>
>>9721710
>what's wrong with that?

Everyone point and laugh.
>>
Has anyone actually read Master and Margarita? I feel like I'm the only that talks about it, and only reply I've ever gotten was an inquiry about due to interest in reading it.
>>
>>9721682
It's still a good list lol. I don't give two shits that it's an undemocratic list.
>>
>>9721729
I'm still fidgeting over which translation to pick. Needless to say, P&V is out of the question but there are so many others.
>>
>>9721729
I haven't read it, but I really want to read it because a teacher at my school (not my teacher) recommended it to me as well as some other lit memes.
>>9721755
I just got the crappy Glenny version lol.
>>
>>9721729
I'll finally get round to reading it when pigs fly ;^)
>>
>barely any non-fiction
>>
>>9721686
boo old literature is boring
>>
>>9721795
That's because non-fiction is bottom of the barrel literature.
>>
>>9721804
Then why is /lit/ so adamant with people starting with non fiction like mythology, the iliad, the odyssey, plato ect
>>
>>9721630
>anything earned more votes than The Divine Comedy

Remove this board
>>
>>9721686
>stopped myself from reading anymore literature from now on
You don't have to stop reading literature, silly, you have to stop reading /lit/.
>>
>>9721804

>non-fiction is bottom of the barrel literature

How braindead do you have to be? God, this board is awful.
>>
>>9721825
>engaging in such a stupid and unnecessary debate
How braindead do you have to be? God, this board is awful.
>>
>>9721833
who the fucj was engaging in a debate lmao
>>
>>9721842
Good to know no one was
>>
File: JanBruegel.jpg (580KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JanBruegel.jpg
580KB, 1920x1080px
>>9721630
War and Peace is a greater work than The Stranger. It's a flawed book, but ultimately a more humanizing piece of art.
Fite me
>>
>>9721754
Your fake is still the wrong list and irrelevant to the OP
>>
>>9721643
STOP POSTING THIS FAKE ASS LIST THERE WERE NO VOTES
>>
>>9721630
Why is the bible rated so highly? I am asking in earnest.
>>
>>9721933
good stories, good themed

oh, and you know, it's the most influential piece of literature in history, having shaped morals as we know them
>>
>>9721938
fug

themes*
>>
>>9721939
themed worked fine too
>>
>>9721630
Wanna know how I can tell you're American?
>>
>>9721972
Wanna know how I can tell you're a prick?
>>
The Bible isn't a particularly good book. Important, obviously, but not cohesive or well written. It's full of inconsistencies and almost any conclusion you like can be draen since everything is metaphor.
>>
>>9721999
>prick
nice try, Americano!
>>
>>9721630
waaaaaahhhhhhh /lit/s fan voted favourites don't align with my personal opinion waaahhhh
>>
>>9721643
Finnegans Wake on the list at all -- I'm calling bullshit.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.