[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the meaning of life for mankind is heroism or to be a hero,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: DMG key email screenshot.jpg (15KB, 241x400px) Image search: [Google]
DMG key email screenshot.jpg
15KB, 241x400px
So the meaning of life for mankind is heroism or to be a hero, is that why video games are popular?
>>
File: Mljuegos0.png (23KB, 718x479px) Image search: [Google]
Mljuegos0.png
23KB, 718x479px
psychoanalytic video game theory when
>far cry 2 did nothing wrong
>>
File: night1.jpg (74KB, 1439x744px) Image search: [Google]
night1.jpg
74KB, 1439x744px
what did it mean by this
>>
File: Dark-Souls-boss-frpg.jpg (805KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-boss-frpg.jpg
805KB, 2560x1440px
>"The Greatest Boss Battle In Gaming: How I Learned To Love The Smelter Demon"

what did georges bataille mean by this
>or nietzsche
>or jbp
>or baudrillard
>or
>also or
>>
File: PL2_MAP11_map.png (23KB, 999x891px) Image search: [Google]
PL2_MAP11_map.png
23KB, 999x891px
What did life mean by this?
>>
Video games provide an outlet for heroic fantasies. This is one reason the rpg genre is quite strong with those who do not socialize or interact well.
>>
>>9715058
>This is one reason
What are all the other reasons?
>>
File: FunComic.png (341KB, 750x2880px) Image search: [Google]
FunComic.png
341KB, 750x2880px
see also boatmurdered
>>
>>9715010
>the meaning of life
i'll take spooks for 400
>>
>>9715015
I go to a stem school whose humanities departments are basically only as large as is absolutely necessary to meet state minimum requirements for english and history classes, and in order to get engineering autists mildly interested the professors would shoehorn stem into every course they possibly could
My freshman year I signed up for an english class, assuming they were all entry-level literature stuff, and showed up to learn that it was "Folklore in Videogames" taught by two hipster jackasses who made us play terrible indie games and desperately try to wring substance out of them
I had to do an entire presentation on the cultural impact of Civilization II
>>
>>9716307
Sounds hideous.

And a waste. There's surely got to be more going on in games than that. Civ II is a good game but it sounds pretty dull to just ask What Did Culture Mean By This.

I'm with icycalm on this 100%. Taking apart videogames as though they were literature is fun, but we don't *read* games exclusively. And on top of that there are the four hundred thousand other things to be considered about Death and Dying in games and so on. Virtual bodies. How your own subjectivity is invented and construed. Choice and decision-making. All that.

Or why we like to be punished by difficult games. How to win those difficult games on hard mode. How that difficulty is created. Show the math on that, let's see how it works, how it feels.

Sorry you got your time wasted, anon. Hipster jackasses are a plague. I don't even want to think about the terrible indie games they made you play. Flush that out with some good stuff I suppose.

Why not talk about Dark Souls instead? It's hard as fuck and people can't get enough of it. Getting rekt sucks but we want moar. What does *that* mean? It's like we have a death drive or something...
>>
>>9716911
it means we're god's with anuses
>>
>>9716927
9 holes*
>>
My favorite games are where you play the villain, though.
>>
>>9716938
Manhunt is a classic
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.