[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hardly come here so I don't know if this has been done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: images[1].jpg (125KB, 700x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
125KB, 700x1080px
I hardly come here so I don't know if this has been done to death yet, but what did /lit/ think of Ready Player One?

I thought it was pretty shitty. Flat characters, predictable, zero depth, talked down to the reader, all tell and no show. Also that diversity moral and the literal Deus ex Machina near the end were both retarded.
>>
I doubt you'll find anyone here who really disagrees with that.
>>
>>9714284
It seemed cool at first but then went downhill fast. The worst part is when me basicaly moped for like 2 chapters about art3mis.
>>
>>9714284
Ready Player One is the /lit/ equivalent of Sword Art Online. Even from the perspective of someone who likes reading books for only entertainment purposes sometimes, it's shiiiit.
>>
File: arm.jpg (127KB, 1035x1500px) Image search: [Google]
arm.jpg
127KB, 1035x1500px
On a related note, has anybody read this?
Surely it can't be any worse?
>>
>>9714284
I agree with this >>9714523 100%. It's edgy, modern game geek culture stuff. It's substance is considerably lacking when comapred to other pieces in the medium it shares, yet is a fun escape to insert one's self with.

The main reason I bought it when I was younger and more naive was for two reasons: 1) I heard it had Ultraman fighting Mechagodzilla and 2) Where else was I going to read that in a book?

I bought it because it had relevance to my interest, and when I first read the first part of the novel, I knew what kind of book it was going to be. It's not an astounding tale with thought-provoking messages (the author lacks subtly to a dangerus degree) but I find the comparison of this book being an equivalent to Sword Art Online to be perfect.

All in all, it's cliche, but at least I kind of got to see Ultraman fight MechaGodzilla, and that's all that mattered to me. It helps, of course that I got it for, like, two dollars, though.
>>
>>9714523
>/lit/ equivalent of Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online literally is a fucking book. Sword Art Online is the /lit/ equivalent of Sword Art Online.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.