[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw NEET for four years after college >tried to find work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: memoir.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
memoir.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
>tfw NEET for four years after college
>tried to find work but eventually gave up
>tried to publish a bunch of things but nothing worked out
>mommy insists she's still proud of her "little writer"
>one day get an email with Job Offer in the subject
>it's from mommy
>she offered me $5 per day if I spent a couple of hours writing her memoir
>agreed because no choice
>get dressed up in cotton slacks and a clean shirt each morning
>have written 32,000 words so far and made tons of notes
>will probably self-publish it on Lulu for her

Am I a writer /lit/? It's all I've ever wanted to be.
>>
>>9713818

Yes anon, you are one. Not a published one, but a writer none the less. The difference between you and a published one is solely your behavior.
>>
>>9713818
I like what you're doing
>>
>>9713818
that sounds sweet anon
>>
Your mothet sounds nice. Stop calling her mommy, though.
>>
File: 1360112239637.png (64KB, 380x284px) Image search: [Google]
1360112239637.png
64KB, 380x284px
Wow, son of the year award coming up!
>>
>>9713838
Yeah call her nigger instead
>>
that's the kawaiiest thing /lit/'s ever produced.
>>
how old r u op ?
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 425x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 425x535px
>>9713818
Your mother is a miracle, she has even convinced you to write even more during a period of obvious depression.

You truly sound hopeless, but at the same time it seems like you're not putting a tremendous amount of effort in order to defeat the odds that are stacked against you. Where do you live? What's your education? What have you studied about your craft and your medium's canon in these years? Self-education is way more inefficient than studying in a university, but it's still better than nothing, and regardless of its efficacy you should be spending ALL if your time on it. For God's sake, you're a NEET: don't you see what you're wasting?
I'm an historian, but I've met countless people like you in uni. People with majestic ambitions with absolutely no work ethic, and completely clueless about even the basics of pedagogy in any kind: not only they don't know how to study their craft, they don't know how to study in general. They end up writing a lot, focusing mainly on concepts while having absolutely no control over the written word, and while being incapable of seeing the big literary picture. If you're just writing aimlessly, with no sort of program, know that you'll be in this same exact position in 20 years from now. Not only you have to change your ways, but you have to do so in a radical way, for intellectual success in this field requires a shocking amount of effort, dedication, erudition and talent. Also know that you don't get to know wether you're talented until the first 3 traits are acquired.
If you want an account of a great late starter, almost entirely self-taught writer, read Vittorio Alfieri's autobiography. he is geneally regarded as the best Italian playwright in history, and generally one of the finest virtuosos of the Italian language. It's relevant in this case because he started studying in general in his mid '20s, prior to that he was basically a jock (he even quotes his early, clueless compositions, which would make everyone here on /lit/ cringe on the spot). In his autobiography he describes in a very detailed way what it actually takes in terms of education to have any sort of literary awareness. To give you a hint: he would literally chain himself at his chair, or cut his hair in weird ways (a big deal in the late 18th century) so that he could not leave his house for months at a time. At the end of it he was as good, well-read and well-versed as Dante and Leopardi.
>>
Fucking hell. I hope this is a joke.
>>
>>9713818
This is really cute.
>>
>>9713818
your mum a miracle of the universe
>>
>>9713818
>she offered me $5 per day if I spent a couple of hours writing
>get dressed up in cotton slacks and a clean shirt each morning
both of you are fucking adorable.
chin up, anon. everything gets better, even if it doesn't feel like it right now, and your mother is a sweetheart that is obviously very supportive of you, which is more than what most people have.
>>
>>9713818
I'm a painter, I come here just to discuss books I read for pleasure. Just know that your sweet mother has just given me the motivation to achieve basic competence in creative writing.
Writing memoirs of relatives of yours for the sake of having a literary, familiar legacy: what a beautiful idea.
I'll get competent enough as fast as possible in order to write a decent memoir for my grandma, hoping that I'll finish it before her death. If this family will survive, someone one century from now will know what it meant for her to live as a poor child during WWII, what it meant to be her during the glistening '50s and so on.
Thanks for the wholesome idea.
>>
>>9713818
>tfw anon could write an actual masterpiece
Please, try as much as you can. Make your mommy immortal.
>>
>>9714035
>the glistening '50s

Absolute cringe.
>>
>>9713925
Under fucking rated post.
>>
Get a job, you fucking parasitical leech.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.