[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some books for smart, sophisticated people such as myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1499126733535.png (234KB, 545x530px) Image search: [Google]
1499126733535.png
234KB, 545x530px
What are some books for smart, sophisticated people such as myself?

I'm mostly a connoisseur of videogames and comicbooks, but I've decided to branch out to this new medium to expand my horizons.
>>
Coming from that direction?
Start with Maus,
then read Mark Twains Short stories,
then through George Orwells 1984,
Albert Camus' the Stranger,
on to Thus spake Zarathustra by Nietzsche,
and finish with anything by Theodor Adorno.

If you want to go super hard you could go to Heidegger or Hegel.
>>
>>9712707
This strikes me as weird, but having come of age in the '90's and not the '00's I'll say nothing against it.
I will say that after Nietzsche Adorno's Minima should be broached for two reasons- a. it's Nietzsche-esque in form, yet b. with an orientation (moderately ethical) foreign to Nietzsche.
Then on to Hegel's very clear Lectures on the History of Philosophy (as a way of 'starting with the greeks,' or in lieu of) before tackling the Phenomenology.
Why am I laughing?
>>
>>9712791
>Why am I laughing?
because you tried to substitute starting with teh greeks

why dont you learn to run before learning to walk while we're at it
>>
>>9712798
Yeah, it's perhaps bad advice. I'm chastened.
>>
>>9712697
>What are some books for smart, sophisticated people such as myself?
>I'm mostly a connoisseur of videogames and comicbooks

I got some news for you pal...
>>
anyone who is unironically responding to this should feel bad
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.