[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is political propaganda so shit nowadays? What happened to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0728.jpg (89KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.jpg
89KB, 640x639px
Why is political propaganda so shit nowadays? What happened to the great and inspiring speeches and letters of days gone by?
>>
>>9711125
Because the internet doesn't forget.
>>
>>9711125
It's pop culture, infantilisation and prolongued adolescence
>>
>>9711125
>he says, without irony, despite living contemporaneously with "Zyklon" Ben Garrison
>>
>>9711125
>implying political propaganda hasn't been dirty virtue singling garbage since the days of Washington
>>
>>9711125
I don't get it.
>>
>>9711125
because accelerationism and technocrats and 'i cant get monies with a humanities education so it doesnt matter"

we're digging our own graves
>>
File: baudrillard_matrix.gif (832KB, 400x263px) Image search: [Google]
baudrillard_matrix.gif
832KB, 400x263px
It's because you don't do the campaign to win the election, you win the election to do the campaign.
>>
>>9711237
what the... whoa...
>>
>>9711237
fugg :-DDDDDDD
>>
>>9711125
because political/cultural movements can't deal with tech change. Liberals mastered the media in the form of music and Tv, but are being slaughtered by the alt right in the new medium of memes.
>>
>ATP
Keep it down, will ya?
>>
File: futurism1.jpg (946KB, 1473x1055px) Image search: [Google]
futurism1.jpg
946KB, 1473x1055px
>>9711237
massive redpill
>>
>>9711125
Because 80% of the country is subhuman detritus that forms their opinions exclusively by exposure.
>>
Are those ayyys?
>>
>having to protect the legacy of your heirs, ancestors, dynasty, and country
vs
>trying to win your 4/6 years in office that you might not get and realizing you will be forgotten anyway unless you do something really stupid
>>
File: 1498229105530.png (256KB, 468x365px) Image search: [Google]
1498229105530.png
256KB, 468x365px
>>9711226
It's a character (Mr. Misspeaks) from Reddit & Morty.
>>
We've reached the "end of history" in the form of neoliberal capitalism, there is no striving for a better world, any political program is treated with total cynicism and alienation is the law of life. Have fun.
>>
>>9711524
>we've gone beyond the end of history and we will have neoliberal capitalist idpol hellholes with economies stimulated by the private security industry because capitalism will have stagnated
>>
>>9711548
I'm hoping for some Leninist takeovers some time in the future, even if just to shake things up enough to bring back social democratic optimism.
>>
>>9711237
jeepers howdyoufiggerthat
>>
>>9711329
But those conditions are extremely conducive to propaganda, and describe pretty much all of human history.
>>
>>9711125
Because the writings of Edward Bernays changed the game for good. He essentially combined the psychological theories of his uncle Freud with the anthropological study of crowds by Gustave Le Bon to formulate a philosophy in which to sway entire masses by appealing to their irrational, emotional, unconscious impulses. It was he who coined the term propaganda.

You'll only have to take a look at any commercial or marketing gimmick to see his legacy in full swing. In short, people buy with their emotions, not their intellect.
>>
>>9711548
>>9711589
don't worry, we will globally return to pastoralism soon.
>>
>>9712327
honestly I hope so. I feel like humanity was never meant to go this far. Overpopulation is going to be a massive problem, climate change will fuck us up good, political unrest keeps climbing higher. Maybe, just maybe, shit will hit the fan and I will somehow survive, and the world goes back to a pre electricity way of life. I just want to read and write books, wearing a toga, in a coastal city state. Maybe have a few bois to fucc.
>>
>>9712347
you will be tilling the fields as a slave
>>
I've never been less interested in politics than I am now, it feels so banal.

Also I think politics is often just an excuse for people to vent their pointless rage about life, has nothing to do with really caring about issues.
>>
File: 91688318.jpg (27KB, 472x461px) Image search: [Google]
91688318.jpg
27KB, 472x461px
Most mainstream politics is entirely uninteresting.

That's why you've got to try and promote deeply unorthodox political perspectives, like radical anarcho-primitivism or Catholic theocracy. The less normal your political position, the greater the quality of the literature supporting it.
>>
>>9712356
this. It is so simple but so true. I used to blame republicans for everything wrong in life when I was an edgy preteen atheist, then i blamed the jews for everything wrong in life when I was an edgy teenage /pol/fag, and now I realize that life just sucks and I should stop bitching.
>>
>>9711125
Rising education makes obvious propaganda only functional on the brainless. To work on smarter people it needs to be more subtle and infused into everything not to stand out too much.
>>
>>9712457
obvious propaganda is also a demoralization tactic. see: eastern bloc propaganda. mostly everyone knew by then that material conditions were not as promised, but the propaganda said otherwise. but the fact that you know it's false yet you can't do anything about it just hammers home how powerless you are.

>implying "higher" education isn't propaganda itself tho
>>
>>9712448
Truth, listening to people in the pub talk about politics is so boring, I wish they would stop and get a life.
>>
>>9712469
>implying "higher" education isn't propaganda itself tho
It's not. It has some ideological leanings towards a certain side here and there but calling it propaganda would but just lazy.

Though having the higher education and media lean to a certain side can have the same effects over time. It's just a much more complex process that technically gives the people all the means to see through, just not the initiative to bother.
>>
>>9712484
>not going to the pub with your circle of dilettante intellectuals where you shitpost irl blurring the lines between pleb and patrician and transcending all boundaries
>>
>>9712503
You don't go to the pub with those sorts of people, you go to the cafe with those sorts of people.
>>
>>9712501
It isn't propaganda in the 20th century sense no. If you stay out of shit like "gender studies" or whatever the "propaganda" even in the humanities is exclusive in nature, not implicit. It's not that there's anything forced down your throats, it's that there's some stuff that's career suicide to talk about. You could say that propaganda has morphed into "soft propaganda" to be immune to criticisms directed at previous incarnations of it.

>>9712508
No one talks in most of the cafes i've been to. Everyone's on their laptops.

There needs to be a word for the "you will never be in an interbellum Vienna cafe" feel.
>>
>>9712484
>not having in-depth discussions about transitioning to a post-capitalist economy
>not convincing your friends to adopt historical materialism
>not doing your bit to resist neoliberal propaganda and "apolitical" pessimism
>not conducting class-based analysis to counter post-Marxist liberals invading the left

Absolutely imperialist
>>
>>9711125
What have to do with anything those cubes with words? if he is trying to put his name 1) he clearly know how to write because he is not dumb and we have evidence (you can see her firm and stuff) 2) theres not enough cubes.
If you watch the show would understand that it should be more Meeseeks to start to lose their mind.
The art work basically sucks.
Trump is not destroying the country in terms of economy.
>>
>>9712537
Pretty cool way to shot the pic keeping up with the theme and all.
>>
>>9712550
Pulling out out of Paris showed that Murica can't be seen as a reliable partner anymore. The attempted ban did affect tourism and tech companies bitched since it affects their recruitment.

Given the short time, Trump did rather well to mess things up. If the congress actually decides on the silly wall, it'd be more wasted billions.
>>
>>9711548
>>9711589
>>9712327
>>9712347
>>9712355
All this may happen but eventually Landian Capital will happen, it only takes one fuck up and humanity is gone
>>
>>9712565
Pfft. Transhumanism as whole is just an ideology to cover up our ennnui and boredom by assuring us it'll all work out in the end. I really want to see what the last words of Kurzweil are going to be.
>>
>>9712565
>implying Christ won't come again in glory at that point
>>
>>9712603
absolutely garbage
why the fuck don't people just embrace the ennui
don't those dumb fucks know how much more poetic life like that is
>>
>>9712624
Christ is the anti-capital after all. I'm just a skeptic.
>>
>>9711125

Because the people intelligent enough to make good speeches understand why things are the way they are.
>>
>>9712565
Landian Capital is the answer to everything
>>
>>9712647
This desu it is basically a circular/self-fulfilling prophecy
>>
File: IMG_20170503_153815.jpg (8KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_153815.jpg
8KB, 300x191px
>>9711125
>What happened to the great and inspiring speeches and letters of days gone by?

They were replaced by M E M E S, don't you see kid? The content or political beliefs of any speech or ideology can be reduced to an image with a little text (or even no text at all!) Destined tovtravel across the world, unifying people all over the world creating the same feeling of meaning that any speech could give, but

Behold and be joy people, the age of the bastardized ideals and quick satisfaction has come, and you are living it.
>>
File: 1499035397372.jpg (567KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1499035397372.jpg
567KB, 2560x1536px
Liberal MSM is on full damage control because of Emperor Trump; they're not even trying or subtle anymore.
>>
>>9712519
>There needs to be a word for the "you will never be in an interbellum Vienna cafe" feel.

I second this, but I think that a word like that must already exist in German language
>>
>>9712721

Memes are the social equivalent of cancer.
>>
Because modern politics is three groups: white men, white women, and everyone else. White women are going to determine the outcome of every election from now on, so virtually everything in politics is about catering to them.
>>
>>9712754
It hurts to be cucked like this
>>
File: 1496370450246m.jpg (110KB, 1024x569px) Image search: [Google]
1496370450246m.jpg
110KB, 1024x569px
The modern polis is far too cynical to be swayed by grand oratory of yesteryear. The idea civil duty isn't taught, people tend to have quite a negative view of their own country and its history, and many of the rhetorical devices used in these kinds of speeches would get you labelled as pretentious. There really isn't much for a speech writer to work with nowadays.
>>
>>9712519
Why was the interbellum period so great though?
I think that political polarization brought about all the chaos that created such a perfect period. Maybe our 30s will be so chaotic that will actually be like the past
>>
>>9712754

That's not true. It's almost entirely false. Let's not forget the true stewards of our future: special interests! Yes, these kind, benevolent souls are trying to make as much money as possible, for no discernible reason! Some special interest groups have more money than they could even spend. You think it's about race/gender/background? Oh child, its about profit.
>>
>>9711237
>It's because you don't do the campaign to win the election, you win the election to do the campaign.

baudrillard smiles upon thee based anon
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.