[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to write a book but coming up with a plot that makes sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1484669738230.jpg (88KB, 900x600px)
1484669738230.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
I want to write a book but coming up with a plot that makes sense is really hard. Coming up with character's and motivations is hard. Why is writing so hard?
>>
http://writingexercises.co.uk/plotgenerator.php
>>
>>9710025
If you don't have the content screaming at you to write it down, you shouldn't be writing a book.
>>
>>9710037
I really just kind of write because I like to write. I don't think I'm great, but I do it anyway.
>>
>>9710040
Then write the plot and characters that you would like to write the most.
>>
>>9710049
I'm trying to figure out a villain's motivation. I already the general plot figured out, but I just can't thing up a reason for the bad guy to be doing bad things in the plot.
>>
>>9710076
What kind of bad guy is he? What does he do and in what context?
>>
>>9710096
Okay, so I kind of what to make a story set in a the real world, only the main character gets killed. He discovers that when he dies he goes back to the beginning of the day when he first wakes up. The main bad guy is some dude who is rich and is the father of the girl he has a crush on. The villain's motivation - or what I'm trying to make his motivation - is that he knows the MC can relive a day so he sets up situations where the MC dies unless he figures out how to stop his death from happening. I'm attempting to make a supernatural mystery story where some people have powers, some people go missing, and general mysterious shit happens ala Twin Peaks or X-Files. The biggest obstacles I have are figuring reasons WHY the MC has his power in a world without powers, and also coming up for a reason for the villain to be putting the MC in this kind of situation. Anyway, that's my story idea. I know it's been done before but lots of ideas have been done before.
>>
>>9710110
>The main bad guy is some dude who is rich and is the father of the girl he has a crush on.
Probably something like he's one of the few people who remembers the day being reset, so he kills the MC so he can keep molesting his daughter without repercussions. And murder his wife- you know, he's just an asshole and he wants to have fun and vent his anger. Make him like, a rich trust fund kid who became an adult without growing up. He doesn't respect anybody or anything, but he's a coward too, so when he finds a loophole, he takes it.

Like, he sees the MC get hit by a car and then he wakes up, and realizes that's what happened, or he sees it happen twice, just so he believes it.
>>
>>9710110
Sounds like Re Zero
>>
>>9710121
Nah, for plot reason I don't want the father to remember days that were reset. I want this father dude to also have a power, like the ability to see the future, but he knows that the MC can reset days because once the MC shows up he can't predict events anymore. The villain has to be rich and I'm think that his powers to predict the future let him kind of mooch off of world events, basically let him know when to buy and sell stocks or when and where to be to help somebody and put them in his debt. Again though, I want there to be a bunch of mysteries, like people disappearing and nobody knows why, or somebody being at multiple places at once. Again, the only thing that's really blocking me is coming up for a reason that the MC has his power. I want the story to end when that singular big mystery is solved, to kind of make it cathartic or something.
>>
>>9710140
Re:zero is one of the stories I'm ripping off. But I'm also taking influence from Life is Strange - even though I hate it - Twin Peaks, X-Files, a bunch of goddamn Shounen, and some Gravity Falls. Say it's shitty. I know it is. But again I'm just writing for me.
>>
>>9710143
Hm. Usually the stories where the day is reset is because the MC (the person "resetting" everything is because he has to do something specific, like save someone who keeps dying or something.
>>
>>9710153
I want to kind of give it a season structure. One season he's trying to save somebody. Second season somebody is out to kill him. etc. Again, I'm trying to sprinkle little mysteries to be solved that will lead up to a really BIG mystery being solved. The biggest being why the MC suddenly has these time reset powers. But coming up for a reason for supernatural events to occur in a world that is largely not supernatural is very difficult.
>>
Damn, I want to delete this thread now but it's too old to do so.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.