[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come nature, more so than the city, is so conducive for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1499044279826.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499044279826.png
143KB, 600x600px
How come nature, more so than the city, is so conducive for the arts, particularly writing?
>>
File: WP_20160619_009.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160619_009.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>9709212
Cities are part of nature.
>>
Nature is often ugly. If you happen to live in some kind of national park, then great, but go to your nearest forest, it's probably just a bunch of weeds and trees that all look the same. A city at night is much more beautiful 9 out of 10 times.
>>
>>9710246
move somewhere nicer faggot
>>
>>9710246
>cityfags actually think this
>>
>>9710246
Thinks sausages grow on trees/10
>>
File: 1488593334091.png (36KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1488593334091.png
36KB, 820x820px
>>9710246
>>
>>9709212

Because we tend to associate nature with a spiritual feeling, while the city just feels man made and thus duller.
>>
I feel that there needs to be a balance. Cities are so incredibly human and alive. They are vibrant and full of culture. There's a reason why the "city slicker" stereotype exists. Unless you're some introverted autist who can't socialize, you're missing out on an essential part of the human experience by avoiding cities. The social aspect that isn't found out in the isolation of nature. Urban environments have their place alongside nature.
>>
>>9710346
nice try, man, but you're not fooling anyone
>>
File: tumblr_na7kln0Pf61qdeuyro1_1280.jpg (406KB, 1248x849px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na7kln0Pf61qdeuyro1_1280.jpg
406KB, 1248x849px
I actually feel like cities at night offer more artistic reflection. You can get lost in the streets, and every alley and every house hides a secret
>>
>>9709212
I think it's because cities represent death and destruction while in nature everything is alive and colorful. The three years I spent in New York City were the most boring of my life. I socialized frequently with a variety of people, explored museums, restaurants, and everywhere else that is supposed to be 'fun', but never was I able to detect much life. It's as if the artificiality of the environment rendered all of the inhabitants artificial. After leaving the city and moving to the mountains I immediately felt a change in me. My emotional life flourished, I could once again breathe, and my mind was no longer inert.
>>
>>9710384
Comfy af desu
>>
Goes back to the Romantics, Wordsworth and Coleridge, who made a deliberate attempt to link poetical imagery with natural imagery. And it kind of stuck.
>>
>>9710346
Agreed. I especially love train stations in the big cities. Everyone there is so busy and has a completely different story.
>>
>>9709212
Cities are depressing. Great for pessimistic writings, but then again its hard to write when feeling depressed.
>>
>>9709212
Fresh air.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.